Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any way of killing this mold in my house???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Any way of killing this mold in my house??? Reply with quote

I realized mold growth last year. It was on the bathroom ceiling and window edges of one other bedroom. I did try and locate the moisture entry. Fixed the roof gutter etc. I also did claen affected areas, changed carpet and repainted the whole house.

I just realized the mold is reappearing at the same affected areas. My thought is to cut affected rocksheets, properly dispose and replace with new ones.

Any thought on the chemicals or proper ways of getting to help kill these molds???
Moldpro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you find any actual leaks? Could it be from interior humidity and condensation as opposed to leaking in from the outside?

Be careful just ripping open the walls, you don't want to spread spores and hyphae throughout the whole house.
Dee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mold Pro: What is Hyphae? That came out in one of my mold plate reports and we had no idea what it meant? Thanks Dee
Moldpro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyphae and hyphal fragments are the branching, leaf and rooting structure of the mold organism.

Imagine mold colonies like microscopic dandelion patches. they have leaves, stems, roots, and flowers. The spores are the seed pods for the next plant....

These bits get chopped up and broken, and they appear on the slides looked at in the lab. A heavy abundance of hyphae indicates active growth. Only spores would indicate that they blew in from somewhere else, as they spores tend to stay intact where the hyphae breaks down into smaller and smaller bits.

does that make sense?
suggi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoldPro

You must be getting sick and tired of all the junk appearing on this Mold Help. I don't know how you can keep up with it. Wouldn't you think the jerks would get bored when no one opens anything. We just aren't interested in "whoopy". Wish they would leave. Maybe if they found out they could get fined or something if they get caught that would stop them. Isn't it illegal somehow???
Moldpro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to give up a couple times. then I remember how helpful it can be so I come back and delete 60 threads..... :evil:
Dee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, I am grateful for that! Dee
Moldpro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now. I am interested in whoopy......just not here. :) It just longer to convince my wife.....

Its getting out of hand. It took me about 20 minutes today. I literally have to open every thread with one of the spammers posts and delete it from the regular threads.

I can delete their new threads in bulk with the moderator control panel, but Toxic needs to step up and get the IP blocked, or I will be giving up. It would be a shame to let this helpful board be taken over by those idiots.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather then just banning one ip you need to ban the whole range of Ip addresses from the Malaysian ISP. Every time they go online they get a new Ip from that range. So the whole range has to be banned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: