Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mold Pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Mold Pictures Reply with quote

A couple of months back I told MoldPro I would try to post some pictures of the mold growing in my house. I am sorry that I haven't been able to until now....I hope this is okay.....this is the link to the website my husband and I just set up this last week.....The mold you will see on the OSB is growing in every wall of our 3200 sq ft house.......The numbers on the concrete foundation wall of the basement are the system we came up with for keeping track of how it spreading and at what rate....the mold on the OSB and trusses has been identified as Aspergillus, Penicillium, Fusarium, and a few others but, those are the most prevalent.....the basement mold is on OSB that is dripping wet and has a sheet of ice over much of it.....Our house is 15 mos old......this is what results when the envelope to your home is left wide open......I can try to get more loaded onto the Mold Help soon....thanks!

www.kennedyhomes.info
Moldpro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the OSB is getting wet....what's the cause?

Why is this leaking?????
Moldpro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is just duct sealant. Probably no big deal.

Yuk. funky stuff growing for sure.

Some of this could have been on the boards prior to framing, but why is this exposed and unfinished??

You folks need a good lawyer. I read your synopsis on the Mold Help. How discouraging. I hope you sue them for lots of $$$$$
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had big problems from the get go......the water coming down the wall was in our garage, and unfortunately that is the only still shot I have of it....I have days of video....It started 3 weeks(Nov 05) after we moved in and at it's worst was streaming down the walls and pooling on the floor, and moving through the ceiling.....it was caused by a basketball size hole in the sheathing above our master bedroom....and in the areas that the builder bothered to put Tyvek, none of the housewrap was taped...also, turns out our lot was supposed to be an outlot and they decided to make a little extra money and build a house here anyway....they kept it as an outlot though, and we take everyone's water.....even the farm field behind us......we have been battling the mold since December of 2005....It's pretty disgusting.....the house has to be torn down......there isn't supposed to be a house here at all :-?
Moldpro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read all that on your Mold Help. Was the water inside from melting ice in the attic???

Get a lawyer and make them buy the house back.
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep....The attic was full of ice and there was sheets of it under the housewrap when some of the siding was pulled off....and for the last 15 mos we have had water intrusion because of the housewrap not being taped....the OSB is just saturated We have large areas where there is no Tyvek at all.....

We have the attorney...and of course now it's just a waiting game.....Ah ..the joys of homeownership!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: