Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heath problems a year later??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S Covey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Heath problems a year later?? Reply with quote

We moved out of our moldy house a little over a year ago. My husband isn't feeling so great now - fatigue, weight loss, brain fog. I know it could be a hundred different things but could it be from the mold hiding inside him for all this time??
Thanks,
Susan
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, once a person has lived in a moldy house they are now very sensitive to mold and mold is everywhere. They might become allergic to it like me. You simply have to find the cleanest place and keep the mold levels down as much as possible. Stay away from foods that are produced by mold. Soy Sauce Actually has mold in it that gives it the flavor. Sour Dought breads also are made from yeast and fungus. Don't eat mushrooms, Cheeses, sandwich meats that are prossed also have mold. Stay away from salad Croutons, I can even smell the mold on them.

I know its hard and I am not practicing what I am preaching but I spent the money for the doctors, toxicologist and Allergist, so I might as well tell you what they told me. Mold stays close to the ground so if you get an upstairs apartment it will be better. Also get heppa filters and a heppa vac cleaner. Buy new pillows every year.
Moldergeist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not mean to discourage you, but I moved out of my home 6 years ago and still have not fully recovered - others have been out of home even longer and still feeling effects.

First off it can be very hard to find a clean place to move to and second if you take contaminated items into the new clean place then the new place will likely be ruined & you'll experience symptoms all over again.

The only time in last six years I was "symptom free" was one week during business trip where I was in brand new hotel room and took all bran new belongings (and was taking antifungal medication at the same time).

So, step 1: try to find a clean place (I can feel symptoms coming on after 15-30 mins in bad place so try to spend time in next residence before signing lease, etc. step 2: try like heck to keep contaminated belongings away from the clean place; step 3: see the right doc (toxicologist) and get on proper medicine if appropriate. First two steps are the hardest & work hard to try to get them right first or second time as it gets real old (and possibly expensive) after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: