Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S.C. Couple Find Secret Moldy Room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: S.C. Couple Find Secret Moldy Room Reply with quote

S.C. Couple Find Secret Moldy Room

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/find%20moldy%20room%20in%20greenville,%20sc.htm

I bet you everyone on here would have done something similar.
D&D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: link not working Reply with quote

I couldn't get the link to work, but if you copy the subject line and past in Google and search, you will get the story that way.
Ashley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here ya go

"S.C. Couple Find Secret Moldy Room

Nov 2, 2007

GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) Kerri and Jason Brown discovered a secret room behind a bookcase containing a homeowner's worst nightmare mold. Also in the room was a handwritten note: "You found it!" What the Browns found was a mold problem so serious the previous owner was forced to move, according to the note.

Fearing their young daughter's health, the Browns hired an environmental engineer who detected high levels of several types of mold, including a black mold fungus called Stachybotrys.

"It terrified me," Kerri Brown told WYFF-TV in Greenville. "I had heard reports of what it does for children, and I was terrified."

The Browns said a home inspection done before they bought it did not include a mold test.

The Browns filed a lawsuit claiming Century 21 Flynn & Youngblood, real estate agent Sue Bakx and Fannie Mae knew about the mold.

Fannie Mae, the Federal National Mortgage Association, bought the Brown's home for $75,000 and will be dropped from the lawsuit. The family plans to continue the suit against Century 21 Flynn & Youngblood and real estate agent Sue Bakx.

Both the company and the agent told the television station they didn't know anything about the mold. A telephone call to Century 21 was referred to Bakx, who did not immediately return a telephone message Friday.
Moldpro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's crazy. The sellers are really putting themselves out there for a lawsuit.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: That's crazy. The sellers are really putting themselves out there for a lawsuit.>>

It's not the seller that left the note. It was the former home owner that could not aford to fix it and let it go into forclosure. The Bank sold it.
Toxic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I smell civil suit.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: