Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lloydy B

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: ears Reply with quote

has anyone experienced an allergic reaction in their ears due to mold exposure?
Zombie_Girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I'd call it an allergic reaction, but I have definitely had an assortment of ear problems during and after long-term mold exposure.

I have had bubbling sounds in my ears, sharp pains, severe itching, a feeling like an ear infection, and hearing loss... not all of these at once. They are all sporadic except for the hearing loss.

But my primary care doctor and an allergy doctor said I did not have an infection or anything they could see that would cause these problems. Antibiotics have done nothing for me.

Neither of these doctors thought the mold exposure was something they needed to take so seriously so I'm trying to find one who will. My overall health has been profoundly effected.

What sort of ear symptoms are you having?

Peace,
Zombie
Lloydy B

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ,when i go into my shed ,after five miutes or so of being in there my ears feel like something is happening inside them like they're starting to fill up with something or feel a little full on the inside but this feels only slight but gets worse the longer i stay in there.

When i come out of there and come into my house they react by feeling very warm and sore like.This can last a couple of days before they calm down again,but because at first i went in there for long spells at a time and kind of dismissed anything was going on,it has left my ears sensitive to music and loud noises which sounds a little weird but thats how they have become.The shed was designed as a music room and somewhere to escape but it never got off the ground :(

I'm going to see an allergist next week and hopefully she'll find something there but as you well know it gets very frustrating to say the least,sorry to hear about your problems and i hope there is a swift solution for you.
nikopapp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bad ear infection when I was living in a home with mold, there was fluid in the ears.
After 4 different rounds of antibiotics and steroids, 8 weeks later I ended up having to have surgery to drain the fluid and had ear tubes inserted.
I ended up with some permanent hearing loss from it.
Just a word of note, some antibiotics do not work if you are currently exposed to mold, as they are froms of mold themselves.
Toxic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Dr. Michael Gray, there are four residual effects from mold exposure; hearing, vision, short-term memory and balance. This could be what is bothering you.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.

Last edited by Toxic on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
suggi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie_girl

Good luck finding a doctor who even knows anything about mold. The ones that do have treatments that insurance does not pay for and so I can not afford it as my income is very limited. Mold is not really regarded as a health problem unless you are bleeding from your lungs -- that is what an infectious doc told me. He couldn't help me unless I had aspergillosis and he was with a big famous Boston hospital. I figured at least I would get help there but they do not know, or want to know the consequences of mold.

The holistic doc who does know something about mold wanted me to have Vit C and mineral IVs 2x a week for $80 a pop. I am barely making it financially because of what it cost for remediation and now there is a bad smell again from the bedroom window. Last fall had a rotten garage window (which is right under the bedroom window) done by the remediators as I wouldn't trust a carpenter with the smell and they said it was a bad mold. Since the smell goes away during the winter I just figured the smell was coming from the garage window but as soon as the warm weather hit the smell is back and I do not know how I am going to pay for it to be fixed. Again, not a job for a carpenter. Had that window fixed about 5 or 6 years ago as it had rotten wood outside by a carpenter and apparently not all was taken out -- did not smell at that point. Also, a carpenter does not "treat" the area like a mold remediator.

I really can't take any more. Every day it is something else. HELP!!!!!
Toxic

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are putting together a remedy book that will soon be available. Keep checking back for information.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
duxdeluxe

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had ear issues for years following toxic mold exposure. In fact that was one of the first telltale signs for me - along with the joint aches and memory fog.

I have had terribly itchy ears which become inflamed and fill with clear fluid - sometimes lots of water like fluid. At other times it is clear with some evidence of yellow infection (not wax). I have had to visit an emergency room with extreme ear pain after one ear had been "plugged up" for weeks to the point that I couldn't hear much of anything out of it.

At the ER I explained I had been exposed to toxic molds - aspergillus (Niger is the culprit) and penicillium as well as stachy and that what was bothering me was a fungus related issue - not wax and would not require antibiotics, contraindicated. I had been pulling black fuzz out of my ears .... really quite disgusting but nevertheless, black fuzzy gook on q-tips.

They tried and tried and tried to squirt wax out of my ears (I told them no wax), couldn't ... finally a grey plug of fungus came out and I was left in pain with an ear so extremely water logged it was that way, draining and completely plugged so that I could not hear anything from it for 41 days. On top of that the Dr. prescribed an antibiotic.

I disputed the horrendous ER bill and threatened them with malpractice and the bill was dropped and the ears (now mainly left ear) get regularly recurring fungal related issues that begin again with the itch, then the fluid and it seems to run a course of about three days minimun until it goes away.

So yes, ear issues for sure. I used to look for others that had written about ear problems but never could find much related. That is why I wanted to pass along my graphic details - sorry everyone - of ear problems.

I knew from researching everything I could prior to the ER issue that of the types of fungus found in my home (5) in huge numbers the apergillus (Niger variety is a big ear culprit) and penicillium were probably responsible. Eight years later, long out of that environment I still get the itchy ear that leads to the fluid etc. and just expect that with my shot immune system (food allergies, hives, swollen lips, tongue, throat, finger tips etc.) etc. this will just continue periodically. Have tried to build up the immune system and some day hope I might enough to enable my own body to fight the effects. Not yet though but it does get a bit better with lots of supplements and care. So there ya have it!
Dux
Lloydy B

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: ears Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your extreme problem mate,it must have been hell for you and i hope that you do get some kind of peace with your ears in the near future.My ears have become very sensitive since all of this began so i've decided to pull down my shed and build something else in its place as i only feel the effects after spending time in the place,thanks for all of your posts
Lloyd
Toxic

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, Lloyd

Cheers,
Susan
Lloydy B

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: shed Reply with quote

thanks Susan and best of luck to everyone in thier quest for a normal environment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: