Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paralysis (ALS) and treatments?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mikej2323



Joined: 31 Oct 2005
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Paralysis (ALS) and treatments? Reply with quote

Has anyone ever heard of a progressive paralysis (non MS/demyelination) occurring in the presence of a mold or candida infection?

Would this kind of thing always show up on MRI?

Is the treatment for mold illnesses always IVIg's?
If so, does everybody improve with IVIg's?

Does everybody improve when they remove the source or leave the environment?

This is for a 15-year old girl who is paralyzed, on a ventilator, and unable to speak.


Thank you.
Mike
mikej2323@hotmail.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Toxic



Joined: 31 Jul 2001
Posts: 1011
Location: United States

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, it appears you are in a very severe situation. To date, I have not heard or reviewed any imformation regarding paralysis or ALS and mold exposure. I am sorry I have no more information for you although mold exposure can cause a myriad of health problems and by affecting the immune system, nothing is impossible I suppose.


Cheers,
Susan
_________________
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
GoTimothy2



Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Posts: 187
Location: MI

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all get better when we leave the Moldy environment and we all get worse when we stay in it. Be careful the place you move to, might have more mold. If you can't find a place where the air is cleaner, don't move. Looks are deceiving Mold is hidden behind walls, under floors and roofs. Just because you can't see the mold, does not mean it is not there.

After spending thousands on mold experts and mold testing I purchased my own mold testing pump and kit for $320 from Zefon. Now test cost me $25 each from Pro-lab. I have found that trailers have less mold. Three 1970 style trailers had less the 500 spores per cubic meter. I am now in one of those trailers. Condos, townhouses and apartments I tested, which all the landlords claim we clean, spotless and mold free had over 1,000 spores per cubic meter. My house had over 17,000 spores per cubic meter, with no visible mold. One condo that was a bank repo, which the realistate lady claimed it had no mold tested over 8,000 spores per cubic meter.

We inhale over 11 cubic meters of air every day. How many spore do you want to inhale? No one knows how many spore the body can handle, but allergist claim if you mold sensitive, they recommend less then 1,000 spores per cubic meter.

I have 479 spores per cubic meter in my trailer, I am looking for a cleaner place, as I know the less mold the better. Why risk your heath? When I find a place WITH LESS THE 300 spores per cubic meter, I will move and WILL RUN TWO HEPA FILTERS, TO TRY AND BRING DOWN THE COUNT.

I am not one of those people who has to be dead, before I believe, mold will kill me. :wink: Suggi
_________________
Copywrite 2005 By Timothy Allen Campbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Toxic



Joined: 31 Jul 2001
Posts: 1011
Location: United States

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beg to differ, after reveiving some peer-reviewed literature on the subject, it appears that this does not always show up in an MRI. Sometimes shadows appear which may incur such a problem.

Sometimes getting out of the moldy environment helps a lot, yet many times it takes diet, traditional and non-traditional treatment can be effective.

I am very sorry for your daughter. Doctors don't always know what's best as they prefer and are trained to treat the symproms, not the actual disease itself.

Good luck and you and your daughter shall remain in my prayers.

Take care and God bless.

Cheers,
Susan
_________________
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB 2001 phpBB Group

TOXIC MOLD

http://www.mold-help.org

The most comprehensive mold website with complete information on toxic mold (stachybotrys, penicillium, aspergillus, fusarium, chaetomium, and cladosporium) . Images, physicians list, symptoms, medical updates, descriptions, discussion board, and several other topics.