Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mold in boots?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Mold in boots? Reply with quote

I have no closet space and all coats are crammed in and so were the boots with the coats overlaying them hanging in their. The closet had a musty odor so I had all the coats washed or drycleaned and put the boots in those plastic ziplock bags.

The boots were worn ones and I had cleaned the outside of them before storage --- my question is did I make a mistake closing the boots (some with that furry (cheap boots) stuff as a lining -- by closing them up tightly with no air getting in? I hope they are not moldy inside as I can not see in there. Some have been in there for over a year -- they belong to my daughter who is away in college and has not worn them this year.

Do you think they are OK or do I have to ditch them...money is tight.

Thanks.
Toxic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the economics of throwing out the boots, however, if you hypersensitized to mold it would be in your best interest to simply dispose of them. I had over 100 pairs of shoes yet they had to be forgotten about as I threw them away when I was affected. It was a wise choice despite the sadness of ridding myself of some beautiful shoes.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
sekona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, even if you don't see inside you can smell them, mold smell should be really strong! And, if there is mold, throw them! There's no place for bad jobs when it comes to mold!
Toxic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had over 80 pairs of designer shoes ant they ended up in the bin. It was sad but my health is slowly teturning so I did everything possible to get rid of the neurotoxins. Its good to feel right again. 4 surgeries later I am finally feeling somewhat better but I know I will never be the same.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: