Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help understanding spore trap report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Help understanding spore trap report Reply with quote

I put a offer in on a 2 unit investment property. This property had a mold problem in the past and was remediated. Three rooms are still down to the studs. My offer is subject to inspections.
For my safety and the safety of my renters I had an air test pulled by a local remidiation CO. who sent it to EMLab. The results where as follows (raw ct. spores/m3).
Alternia 3 20/m3 - Ascospores 9 240/m3 - Basidiospores 31 830/m3 - Bipolaris 1 7/m3 - Cercospora 3 80/m3 - Chaetomium 144 960/m3 - cladospoium 69 1800/m3 - penicillium/aspergillus types 205 1800/m3 - smuts 2 13/m - stachybosotrys 1 7/m3 - Background debris 4+ - Hyphal fragments/m3 <7 - Pollen /m3 >7 - Skin Cells 3+ - Sample Vollume 150 - Total spores/m3 5800. Additional Note: 181 raw count of pen/Asp were present as a single clump.
I only had one test done because at this time it is not my house. The test was pulled in the middle of the remediated area. The tech pulling the sample pointed out that the house was not properly cleaned, dust on cabnet doors & basement cil plates mold still evident on OSB around toilet flang.
He informed me that some of these #'s are high and that the house would have to be remediated, his quote was for $4900. Based on that I am not buying this house. However I do have 6 more days to decide and I would like a second opinion. Are the Molds found harmful, Are these Findings off the chart or are they just a little bad, could they be inaccurate because of the improper cleanup?
I have done allot of searching and can not find a standard and many other tests results I,ve found are much worse. Most suggest that you reference an outdoor test in the area. The fact that I was not advised to do this by the tech raises my trust concerns with his results.

PLease respond Thanks
duraclean_austin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds odd...

Did they identify a water source?
Did they test for bacteria, if the toilet flange was an issue?

Does the tech work for the remediation co, or is he independent?

Austin Mold

Carpet Cleaning Austin

Air Duct Cleaning Austin

Water Damage Austin
BA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Thanks for replying,

This house is dry, I beleave the water was from a angree home owner that was being forclosed on. The house is dry, it has 2 dehumidifiers running, no leaks, and the water is shut off at the road.

I passed on the purchase of this, until they reduced the price yesturday.

The person who pulled the air test was a remediator, the lab that sent the report was independant.

Here is a copy and paste link to the house

http://swmric.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Swmichigan&PRGNAME=MLSLogin&ARGUMENT=LdUVbVAAW%2FwOfy%2BWxW%2Fx9%2FzTAYRsU5mXwiKeNdXXW7EG3TlYJxqq3xfwUahVn35U7br3oi0Ic4vjYF7FQI%2BwAA%3D%3D&KeyRid=1

I question the test, but I bid low on an already low priced home we will see what happends. If I got it, I will wipe the entire home down with tac rags, pastic off the suspect area, put fans blowing out while rescrubing the walls with borocks, try to get a air scrubber, remove the osb by towlet. than have it retested by a privite lab.
Am I on the right track? Can I seal it? any advice would be apprieciated.
Thanks
duraclean_austin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you are not on the right track ;o)

If any insulation got wet that should be replaced...

If drywall sat wet for longer than 48 hours it should be replaced as well.

Do you have the results of the test?

Austin Mold

Carpet Cleaning Austin

Air Duct Cleaning Austin

Water Damage Austin
duraclean_austin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha opps just saw this again!

Alternia 3 20/m3 - Ascospores 9 240/m3 - Basidiospores 31 830/m3 - Bipolaris 1 7/m3 - Cercospora 3 80/m3 - Chaetomium 144 960/m3 - cladospoium 69 1800/m3 - penicillium/aspergillus types 205 1800/m3 - smuts 2 13/m - stachybosotrys 1 7/m3 - Background debris 4+ - Hyphal fragments/m3 <7 - Pollen /m3 >7 - Skin Cells 3+ - Sample Vollume 150 - Total spores/m3 5800. Additional Note: 181 raw count of pen/Asp were present as a single clump.

Chaetomium and stachybosotrys, are bad enough to justify action!!

And drywall that got wet has got to go, as well as insinuation...

2x4s, can be sanded and sealed, then wipe the whole place down...and run a scrubber...

Austin Mold

Carpet Cleaning Austin

Air Duct Cleaning Austin

Water Damage Austin
Toxic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the company you hired responsibility to explain your results. You shouldn't need our support for such questions. That's what you paid them for.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
duraclean_austin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and they are never wrong!!

Hehe sorry, even if you hire some one it is ALWAYS good to get a 2nt opinion!!

Austin Mold

Carpet Cleaning Austin

Air Duct Cleaning Austin

Water Damage Austin
Toxic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but the facts should speak for themselves. A "second opinion" isn't going to be able to change the bottom line. We're talking about scientific data that has already been documented!

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: