Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Toxic and anyone - Mold in dishwasher?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Please Toxic and anyone - Mold in dishwasher? Reply with quote

From time to time after the dishwasher has just been started hubby or I open it to put in a forgotten dish, etc. If I do it I wipe under the door where it hits the unit when closed in case there is water there. If hubby does it he just closes up the door again and a slight bit of water may be on the door.

Tonight I opened it to put in my kitchen sponge and wiped under where the door hits the unit with a paper towel and came away with black on the paper towel -- and the more I wiped the more I kept getting black.

Since I was afraid to wipe under there with bleach or soap as the dishes were already in and wet I dry wiped as much as I could and closed it up and ran it through. Am I in trouble with the "clean" dishes?

What can I clean under there with? Not sure if there is a rubber gasket type thing there or not and is it possible it wasn't mold although I myself doubt it was dirt.

Thanks for any help and suggestions. I am just worried as I disturbed it now and I already have high levels of mold mycotoxins in my blood.
Toxic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a possible leak/condensation problem. Have you have it checked?

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: