Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Immunosciences Lab., Inc. Mold Antibody Testing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D&D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Immunosciences Lab., Inc. Mold Antibody Testing Reply with quote

This company had discontinued their mold antibody tests last year and also is no longer taking samples and is only an R&D company. I was told that Immunosciences was the only place in the country that offered the mold antibody tests, and they stopped doing them before we were able to get our blood tested. Does anyone know of any other resources of how to get our blood tested to show just how much mold is present in our system and the types we have been effected by? Our doctor doesn't know what to do and there are no mold doctors (at least none that are in our insurance plan) in Chicago. Does such a test even exist?

FYI: Dr. Croft analysed skin biopsies on each of us and diagnosed us with Trichothecene Mycotoxicosis.

Last edited by D&D on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
suggi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did the lab stop doing the tests? Did they tell you?

How is anyone supposed to find out the mycotoxin level in their blood anymore? Hard to understand. I could not find any other lab that does it either.
D&D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website has a letter to their clients stating that they will cease clinical testing July 21, 2007 and that they will not accept any samples arriving after that date but that their research and development division will remain in operation.

I found a mold court case on line that had unfavorable outcome for the mold victim. Google "Immunosciences Lab, Mycotoxins in Blood" for several links and more information on the case. In a nutshell, the defendant's *experts* said that Immunosciences mold antibody tests were unreliable and not generally accepted in the scientific community as a valid technique to determine human exposure to mycotoxins.

I wonder if that case or others of similar nature had anything to do with them discontinuing those tests. If anyone has had any tests recently that showed exposure to mold, types, and levels present in body, please respond and advise accordingly. Thanks much.
suggi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does not surprise me in the least. They make it very difficult to prove that mold is the cause of illness. I have read so many cases where people lost the case simply because attorneys for the other side say how do you know you weren't exposed somewhere else.....that mold is everywhere.... and prove the illness is caused by mold, not something else. I am sure you never see mold as the cause of death on a death certificate.....just put down liver cancer or kidney cancer or whatever. Doctors need to be educated about mold and quickly. Mine knows nothing at all about mold and doesn't seem to want to look into it. Are the younger generation of docs studying about mold exposure and its consequences? All docs do is treat the symptoms and not look for the cause even if you tell them. There was one post on here a while back where the poor girl said her doc told her he would dismiss her from his practice if she mentioned the word mold anymore. I just don't bring it up to mine any more. She just said even if she could do the tests she would not know how to read the results....................... I went to an infectious disease doc in boston and he said he couldn't help me unless I was coughing up blood and had aspergillosis. Until then there was nothing he could do. Unbelievable, right???????????????????????????? I have plenty of other symptoms but he didn't seem interested really.

Take for example the insurance adjuster's view of mold. That is the attitude of most people. When you get right down to it you are lucky if your friends and family are sympathetic. Mine just thinks I am nuts and paranoid....except for my husband and one friend. Even my husband at first thought I was crazy. My friend was not exposed to mold herself but someone in her family was and she knows how devestating it can be. You could swab your electrical wall outlets (take off the cover) and swab the walls of all your rooms and the heating ducts and a/c to see if Stachy or fusarium shows up in high amounts but that would add up and since you are doing it yourself you can't prove that swab was from that particular place. It is a LOT cheaper but I don't think it would hold up in court.
nikopapp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immunosciences stopped doing the mycotoxin testing becuase they were basically being harassed nonstop from defense lawyers here in CA.
They didn't want the hassles, or the consequences anymore so they stopped.
I have found another lab that does mycotoxin testing, I am going to use them this coming week as I just found them yesterday.
\Here is the link to them:
http://www.realtimelab.com/literature.html
Toxic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Smokies Labs has a home test kit but I doubt it would be admissible. You may want to check with your attorney.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
suggi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem like either lab would be admissable in court. Immunosciences was the only one with the results for mycotoxins in the blood both chronic and acute and that is what is needed. The other labs seem to only test for allergy (IgE) to molds and that won't get you anywhere in court.

If only some lab would test for the mycotoxins -- that is a definite indicator of mold exposure and Immunosciences was able to determine if it was high exposure and long ongoing exposure. It is a shame they had to stop. Most people have allergies to different molds but it doesn't affect their health and I was told you don't have to be exposed to the mold to get a positive test result for allergy to it so where does that leave us?
Toxic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point well taken. This is just another effort from the insurance companies to stop litigation.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Toxic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the mycotoxin antibody test, that's exactly what it is. It only measure levels if you have been exposed and it only shows antibodies, not exposure, although one would think they are one and the same.

Actually, it proves very little, especially in court. . . Only that at one point in your life you were exposed to mold. Well, that's almost the entire population.

There are better ways to approach the subject and in no way should anyone be disappointed that this test is no longer available. For those of you who somehow feel that they require a test, Great Smokies Labs offers some great tests for a nominal fee.

Cheers,
Susan
Toxic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoteric Labs does a fantastic mycotoxin antibody test. The only problem is that the very dangerous molds (stachybotrys & chaetomium) do not sporulate in the blood as the others do and it is hard to detect. The best test for these fungi are by doing viable mold testing in the water damaged building. Good luck because you ar4e going to need it.

Cheers,
Susan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: