Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questiuon re mold allergy shots - Toxic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Questiuon re mold allergy shots - Toxic? Reply with quote

Toxic - you have helped me in the past with your vast knowledge of mold and I do not know who else to go to.

I had $30,000 mold remedidation 7 years ago (then found I was not allergic to mold but had very high mycotoxin levels in my blood) and since then have not seen any signs of mold except spring of 2010 we had the remediators take out the tile around the tub area as we suspected a problem and sure enough but they remediated that. I had aspiration pneumonia this past April and never had bronchial problems before but since then every other week I am wheezy coughing and for years have had chronic sinusitis. I just saw an allergist who sweet tested me for mold allergy among other things and sure enough I am now allergic to those molds. As my husband has asthma and is not affected makes me feel there is no mold problem except the fact I can not get the humidity in the upstairs bedroom level below 60% in the summer even with central a/c and a dehumidifier in the hall. The 1st floor and basement are both at 50% to 55% humidity with dehumidifiers going. I also have air purifiers.

As I am unable to move do you think if I got allergy shots for the molds it would help or would it make it worse since I already have high mycotoxin levels in the blood. I don't want to make things worse. Since I found out I am also allergic to grass it may not even be mold allergy making me sick this year. I never was allergic to grass either.

Thanki you for your help.
tug_slug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a qualified Dr that does provocation neutralization therapy. I spoke to Dr Rhea's office manager and she said they've been pretty successful with P/N therapy.
Toxic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tug Slug made a good point. I have been researching the effects of this type of treatment for the past few years. Regular allergy shots can be very bad for your health.

Please keep us informed of your progress.

Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
suggi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestion -- so far I have not found a doc for this but will persevere with my search.

I have encountered many other health problems (unrelated to mold) since then so haven't been on the board. Now I have RA and very high blood pressure.

Did post a new mold problem today. Hope you can answer that one as that really scares me.

Thanks again -- you have always been so helpful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: