Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suspected toxic mold in rental property

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> NEW! Hall of Shame - Local Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rondalou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Suspected toxic mold in rental property Reply with quote

A few months ago, both me and my downstairs neighbor got sick. We believed we had the flu but never got the chest congestion, etc., that was going around. We are still both sick. She got a stain in her ceiling that was supposedly coming from a leak in my a/c. I got a stain in the ceiling and wall that supposedly came from a leaking flashing. We are both suffering from extreme fatigue, nausea, allergies, muscular and joint pain, general run-down feelings. We were both exercising and walking miles every day. Now we barely make it to the mail box. The apt. owners refuse to check for mold, the health dept. says they don't do it, the mold removal co. told me my only recourse was to move. Since we would have to buy out our leases, this is not an option. We both are on SS and a small retirement. I had black gunk coming out of my kitchen faucet at one time and black flecks of grit on the dishes in my dishwasher. We don't know where to turn next. Both our Drs have stated that they believe we are being exposed to mold. We feel like we are being slowly poisioned to death. What next?
bonniejean

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronold:

the same thing happened to us in an apartment we lived in in california.
call a good company to come out and do mold testing. It sounds like you might have black mold behind your walls and in your cieling. Then get a good attorney and sue the owner of the building. An attorney wouldn't even talk to you unless you have proof. The testing costs about $700.00 but it will be well worth it. Black mold can kill you or leave you with health problems for the rest of your life.

Hope this helps

Bonnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> NEW! Hall of Shame - Local Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: