Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Help Please Reply with quote

Hello

i'm very sick all of a sudden in moble home i been in for 4 years. Respritory, lungs, eyes, feeling feverish ect. mold in bathroom in walls and floor. I discovered a leak in sink and stopped using a year ago but it seemed to have been too late and floor hidden under lynolium is full of black mold. I also recently dicovered a bad leak on bedroom floor from shower access panel. there is not much surface mold, its in the floor and walls and also into bed room and hall. I dont have any saving or a place to go, im in florida alone. id have to rent an apartment or buy another mobile home soon to get out of here. both of which would cost me alot more then owning a home and just paying rent like i do now.

Ive read that white vinagar and disinfectant kill mold so a week ago i used both at areas but again most is hidden in floors and walls so prob didnt work. i bought an air purifier and damprid. things havent improved much. i know i have to move.

the rest of the story makes me mad and it cant be legal or right. I bought this mobile home from the park on a rent to own basis when it was recently repaired for water type damage including promissing to fix leaking roof. the bathroom floor has been covered with a new cover over and new lynolium flooring in bathroom and hall. i was never told about water damage or mold. during the rent to own deal, they were required to fix all repars till i payed off and owned. they fixed the leaking roof with used flat aluminum interlocking strips and all the holes from its previous use where everywhere and the roof still leaked bad. i filled the screw holes myself over what a saw as its leak points and it stopped but i suspect its still leaking in walls i see water stains in from inside out. i noticed shower leak from access panel in bedroom and they fixed it. as an extra, the old shower walls were removed and new plastic cheap ones was added. that part still leaks and im positive the shower access door and walls are major part of mold contamination now and theres no way they didnt discover and try to hide mold with new shower wall before i became the owner of this home. the sink leak was a 1/2 inch gap in drain pipe patched with caulk. when they hooked up water meter they removed the water filter and left it on gound on same day i was filter shopping to get a new filter. from then on bad water stains everywhere, in coffe pot, toilet, and especially shower with extreem mildew. i strongy suspect all these actions from the people i bought the home from caused its doom. all work was done by unlicenced park residents drunk idiots and everything was half assed togother and nothing was ever done right. no required license, building permits or inspections and they repair and put on additions and fix all most homes in park.

ive owned the home the past year but didnt notice this extreem mold till 3 weeks ago when it started bothering me bad. i might have to skip paying lot rent this coming month to get out now which would cause an eviction. i cant sell it like this and i cant fix it myself or pay someone.

should they be respondsible for destroying my home and pay me damages, all work unlicenced, no permit or inspection and they knew about mold before i owned the home and sayed nothing. can i sue w/o much money for damages and health probs?

i cant pay rent at two places and the dameage was caused by there 1/2 assed incompitant employees. i might have to let them evict me to save money to move and leave possetion of this mobile home to them. by the way the leak in shower access panel is a main source now and i will prob find another hack job on the repair they did before.

all help greatly apreciated i have to deside on something quick and get out of here, its poisoning me.

Thank you,
Kenny
Moldpro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you'd need to hire a lawyer to sue them in court. I doubt you can get them to anything any other way.

Doing the work yourself is an option, but I guess you wouldn't have a bathroom then at least for a while. The costs are mostly labor. Materials costs are not the much $$$, I can offer advice on how to do it, but I agree it shouldn't be your issue since they are responsible for the leaks.

Is there a department of real estate you could complain to?
Kenny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Moldpro.

Friday I saw my doc and he took x-rays and blood test. He gave me a Nebulaizer treatment, robitussin a-c, zyrtec and Ketoconazole/ nizoral pills. I'm still awaiting blood test results before I do anything definate and I'm still living here and still sick.

The mold effects me way too bad to consider doing it myself and the homes not worth professional repair.

Hopfully they are found responsible for sloppy repairs and damaged they cause and not telling me there was a water/ mold damage and I can sue for damage to home, my health, my costs and more. But my 1st concern will be getting out fast as possible cause I cant stay here while fighting it out in court.

Ive heard many rumors about things including me having to do a detox thing, becoming newly allergic to yeast type foods and drinks, my doctor must notify athorities of my address, my home could be condemed and I cant take anything out, Ketoconazole/ nizoral liquid will work on clothing. Are any of these true?

Im not exacly sure which athority to talk to but i hear my doctor will inform the right ones if I test positive for mycotoxins which should be day or 2.

Thank you.
Moldpro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, keep us posted.
Kenny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Again,

medical test say im infected in lungs and sinuses but not in blood yet, Im sill very sick and Doc's pretty much ordered me to evacuate ASAP ( I also showed him pics of mold sources ).

other issues underway too but my main conserns are what can i take with me? By doc test it donts appear to be the posionious mold and im just having extreem allergic reactions that should clear with time once I move.

the source is in walls and floor of bathroom back mid section of a moble home next to bedroom. not much visable inside home except for thro patch up jobs the park did to hide it. seams in floor, side of tub, buldges in shower walls ect but entire mid section underneither trailor are totally coated with thick wet black mold that i just discovered.

i want to move safty. i understand bedding must stay, bedroom is where i get bad reactions and air conditioners. can bedroom set dressers be saved? can computers, tv's and appliances away from source be saved? will a nizoral liquid in wash save clothes? Will a good disinfectant wash or spray save non pourious plactics like tv, computer? none of anything has signs of mold but can i stop spores from travel to new home and still take my belongings?

if it helps air cirlulation has been a/c here in florida up till few weeks ago now sometime space heater and i have a good sized air purifier running 24/7.

All help greatly apreciated,
Kenny
Moldpro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non porous items can typically be successfully cleaned. Compressed air can help clean electronics, but a couple damp wipes should take care of those cleanable objects.
Kenny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moldpro

Your a tremendious help when i have no where else to get answers from a expert.

work is on the way from this home to new and we planned on trailor anyway. I could blast all with 120psi and damp wipe before going into new home.

I see doc on tuesday, he has me on ketoconazole/ nizoral pills.

Does anyone know if the ketoconazole/ nizoral liquid works on clothing in wash? might make good damp wipe too. It's expensive uncovered by my insurance but I'll ask for perscript for some if some one knows it works.

moldpro, again I thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: