Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question about mold plates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: question about mold plates Reply with quote

Good Morning: I am sorry I have not been a part of this board lately but I am feeling rather bad. I had a question about the mold plates you put in your home to test. I just got my repot back from the doc I am seeing in 'Texas and I have very high antibodies to staachybotrys in my blood. No where in my home did the mold plates show that. How would that happen? I was told by a patient here that she thought that the mold plates did NOT pick up stachy? Is that so, and if true how DO you test for it. This is bad news for me as I know it is not one that is alot of fun to have in your body. Thanks for your help. Happy Holidays to you all. Dee
Moldpro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stachy is a heavy wet type spore. It is not so easily made airborne. So the petri dishes would be less likely to catch them. But then again if they aren't being picked up in the air, how are you being exposed to them?
Dee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good question moldpro but I know many people that have gotten ill from it. I cleaned my basement in my home and got very ill but the plates showed no stachy. I guess maybe it was there, just not picked up. Dont know...thanks for replying.
suggi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee

Stachy can be picked up by swabbing the mold if there is any or swabbing the dust here and there in the house. You can also use tape on the dust to collect mold spores. That is how I picked up Chaetomium which never showed up in the air sample or plate. Chaetomium is the same kind of I think it is called - heavy mold with larger spores that are not as airborne as the others but are deadly. I was really upset when the lab results came back. Look online for labs, etc. where you can get swabs or just send the tape in to be examined. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: