Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question For MoldPro & anyone with the same problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Question For MoldPro & anyone with the same problem Reply with quote

MoldPro - I need advice. You probably know all the mold problems I had and with professional help and some on my own I think we are OK. However, in my kitchen(not a remediated area) my kitchen cabinets on the floor are made strangely I think....they have openings which are pretty long underneath the area where the doors are which are at an angle and you are unable to get any sort of vacuum attachment in there. Also uner my sink ther is also a huge opening where some pipes come in. Now I know there is 30+ years of dust and dirt under there that I can not get at. Now I am wondering if there is any mold or spores in there. I have newspaper on the floor of the cabinet uner the sink covering the hole and my cleaning supplies on it. The floor has been a little warped sonce we moved in 11 years ago but no staining. I just don't know if there ever was a leak.

Is there anything I can do to ease my mind in that area? Also what about the other openings underneath. They do not affect the pot/spice, etc. cabinets as the floor is completely covered over the space but the utensil drawers are open to it. The drawers do not go back all the way and it is all open back there all the way down. Unfortunately I can remove the upper drawers but am unable to remove the very bottom one to clean under it. It just won't come out.

Please -- any advice. Thanks much.
Moldpro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A photo would be helpful, but typically there is a toekick panel nailed to the front of the cabinet bases.

Some cabinets are simple boxes, sitting on top of what is essentially a 4" frame. Other has sides that run all the way to the floor with a bottom panel running across 4" up from the floor. Yes there are other types, but this is most typical, especially in a production home.

The front of the bottom section is the toe kick. It can be removed with some persuasion. It is more difficult with a tile floor in front of it, but that panel can be removed and you can gain access to that toe kick space.

Ikea cabinets have a removeable panel that is held on with spring clips, I think that is pretty sllick. Even if you damage the panel taking it off, a new one can be made and stained or painted to match, then installed where the old one was.

Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: