Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New here and worried- Please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable_Me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: New here and worried- Please help Reply with quote

Hello,

I believe I have been exposed to mold, but not sure. I have been suffering for about a month from what I think is hives that come and go daily. They itch intensely...sometimes linear in shape, but sometimes look like mosquito bites and they can affect me from head to toe at times. I am also having some ear pains/clogging and always feel like I've got something stuck in my throat. And several of my co-workers complain of respiratory problems...to the point that they have a lot of dificulty breathing. Since it only affects our part of the building, I think other people are very very skeptical.

I believe it to be caused from the building I work in. The roof flooded several times during heavy rain and even flooded the carpet in areas along one wall. It seems like I started having problems when we started going through a dry spell. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but just thought I'd mention it.

Any advise would be appreciated. Please help if you can. Thank you.

Last edited by Unbelievable_Me on Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moldpro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, sounds like it could be a mold issue. I have had some of those symptoms as well, and others have complained of them.

Drilling the hole in the wall is likely for them to be able to take a wall cavity air sample. Demand to see the results. If they are bad, management may not want to show you......

Do you feel better when you are away from the office? Sunday afternoons you are ok but monday you are ill again?

You could buy yourself a smallish HEPA filter air scrubber and keep it on your desk.....
moldchron

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New here and worried- Please help Reply with quote

Well .. this is certainly a dejavu experience to read you comments... for sure! I'll let MoldPro guide you on the remediation of the building. I agree with his comments - the building definitely sounds to be a mold infested Mold Help.

My main comment is this:

As long as you are demonstrating an allergic reaction to mold, you need to get out of the building and soon! You're description of symptoms show you are in the beginning phases of toxic overload. You DO NOT want to go into it any deeper.

Now that said, here's a VERY BRIEF abstract of my experience.

Late in 2001 a rash began. By early 2002 I was desperately seeking medical assistance; unbelievable pain, agony and serious work impairment. For the next 2 years I had dozens of biopsies, took more Prednizone than any human should and survive, experienced many bouts with the Eczema from Hell (I even used the most dangeous topical creme allowed to be medically dispensed for eczema: Protopic. It states right in the literature it will cause cancer! ). I've been covered - head-to-toe with hives, rash, welts, edema and many more skin problems and disturbances.

Plus, I took dozens of other _drugs_ to alleve pain, itching, running nose, watery eyes, burning eyes, rashes, water retention, memory loss .. everything BUT weight loss! In the middle of all this, I was not able to take ANY antibiotics. I am deathly allergic to Penicillin. In the course of this episode, I eliminated all but the last 2 - and most powerful and deadly, antibiotics. Both required mandatory hospital stays and were extremely high-risk mold! And it wasn't sure I would survive using either of them! So, add the 'fear of infection' to the list.

We had to move from our home. The only good part was it was a rental. We lost thousands of $$ in personal property: mold contaminated and could NOT go to our new location. We looked for 4 months for something without MOLD. Not even NEW homes could be trusted. We finally found a condo for rent - then installed expensive filtration and kept is shut up tighter than a tick!

As a result of the intensity of my allergic reactions, I was literally house-bound for 2 years; I became a literal, "Bubble Boy". In one 18-month period I ONLY went outside of our condo, a total of 32 minutes! Believe me ... that was a very bleak time in my life!

I am a VERY outdoor active person. A substantial part of my income was derived from being outdoors. My 'employment of passion' was nearly choked to death.

Late in November 2005 I received an email that changed the course of my life at that time and for the forseeable future. A person, who had suffered from debilitating allergies for over 25 years told me about a treatment called NAET. I'd not heard of it - and I was quite surprised. I had scoured the Internet from A-Z and back looking and thought I'd looked at everything. That extensive search was how I initially found Mold-Help.com !

In 4 years we had encountered over $50K in medical and hospital bills - depsite having an excellent medical plan with my employer; another $25K loss in the evacuation of our house (an unbelievable mold production zone!) and the loss of my $40K/yr day-job. So - to say I was DESPERATE for relief and a cure ... yes, that would be an understatement!

Because of the email about NAET, I began a very determined and thorough investigation into What is NAET?, Who Used It? and Did It REALLY Work?

I interviewed over 200 people, in 31 countries, on 4 continents. In the end I knew I had to find a NAET practitioner. This just could be MY ANSWER. I was fortunate to find 6 practioners in our state; I interviewed all of them - extensively. I made a choice. I had to wait an excrutiating 3 months to get an appointment; my practioner 'carved out' an early morning slot for me. I enthusiastically and greatfully accepted !!

On May 2 of this year (2006) I walked into the NAET practioner's office, 1.5 hours later I and my wife were driving home. Thirty-six hours later, I was outside without ANY reactions. Four days later I spent 8-hours outdoors, fishing and walking in all kinds of 'moldy areas' .. NO REACTION! To this day .. now - 6 months on Nov 2, 2006 ... I have NOT had a SINGLE reaction to mold. I've been outdoors all summer. I've even accidently ingested mold (not suggested!) ... still - WITH NO REACTION!

Prior to the NAET treatment I was also allergic to Mold, Penicillin (deathly!), chitin (insects, shellfish - anaphelactic) and pork. I have no desire to - nor intend to - 'temp fate' and try any of them, but I sincerely believe these are also dangers of the past. But if I do seek to find out - one way or the other - I will take very cautious measures -- FIRST!

I am currently rebuilding a blog that I began writing in 2004, called, "The MOLD Chronicles". that detail the ordeal I was in for that 4 years period mentioned above. I am also putting in the details since the NAET treatment.

I waited 3 months before saying ANYTHING to ANYONE; waiting for the 'other shoe to drop', so-to-speak. But, it didn't drop. Now, with 6 months, this coming Thursday, rolling around, I know for certain .. NAET WORKS!

I went back, in the middle of May 2006, to my old office - where I was exposed -daily- to mold levels of 10K+ and spent over 6 hours there. This was less than 14 days AFTER the first NAET treatment and I never had the first 'twinge' of a reaction.

Had I gone into that office on May 1, just one day BEFORE my first NAET treatment, I would have been covered in a servere eczema rash in <3 hours post exposure, nearly blind from eye swelling, endured 4-5 days of sick-flu-symptoms and would have likely lost all short-term memory of it.

That is only the surface of how bad I was when I encountered mold. My reaction level ... <80 mold spores/m2 ! You get that much exposure to mold on any given day in the midwest that is above 30F!!

I have no financial interest in NAET and have nothing to gain from telling you about it, except to know that another person, who is suffering as I did, can get relief that is permanent - not temporary - and will literally change your life.

If you are interested in knowing more, then I suggest you visit the NAET web Mold Help. If you want to find out what I went through and what DID and DID NOT work and how I finally became 'mold allergy free' .. then read "The Mold Chronicles". The blog is in state of rebuilding and I plan to have it ready and current by November 2006.

I hope you get clear of your mold infested work area; you don't end up spending $1000's unecessarily and/or loosing your livelyhood .. not to mention your memory, mobility and dignity. You have the answer. It's just a matter of whether you use it or not.

Good luck,

MoldChron

Unbelievable_Me wrote:
Hello,

I believe I have been exposed to mold, but not sure. I have been suffering for about a month from what I think is hives that come and go daily. They itch intensely...sometimes linear in shape, but sometimes look like mosquito bites and they can affect me from head to toe at times. I am also having some ear pains/clogging and always feel like I've got something stuck in my throat. My boss is also suffering with hives. And several of my co-workers complain of respiratory problems...to the point that they have a lot of dificulty breathing. Since it only affects our part of the building, I think other people are very very skeptical.

I believe it to be caused from the building I work in. The roof flooded several times during heavy rain and even flooded the carpet in areas along one wall. We can't see the sheetrock there because cubilcles tightly line that wall, but the smell is very strong. I don't know how many times it has flooded because I've only been there about 3 months, but I know it at least flooded several times and nobody cleaned or moved the cubicles or cleaned the carpet or anything. Those of us that seem to be affected the worst are the ones close to that wall. Also, I didn't have a problem until about the last month. We went through a couple of months of heavy rain, but it didn't affect me then. It seems like I started having problems when we started going through a dry spell. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but just thought I'd mention it.

I expressed my concerns to my boss and he had someone come out to test. They said they would do 2 swab tests and a physical. They brought in some sort of machine. And my boss said they also drilled a hole in the sheetrock for testing. I'm not sure what any of this means. We are supposed to get the results back tommorow. Is this typical testing?

I wasn't there when the testers came because I went to the doctor. I showed him some of the whelps I have and he said all he could do was treat me for hives. He gave me Zyrtec and it stops the itching, but not the pain in my ears, or the problem in my throat, and I also sometimes have a weird pain in my chest and/or stomach. I'm getting scared as I have always been a healthy person. Does this sound like I've been exposed to toxic mold?

Any advise would be appreciated. Please help if you can. Thank you.

Know Change. Know Future. No Change. No Future.

Last edited by moldchron on Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Unbelievable_Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Moldpro and moldchron. They didn't tell us the results today.

Moldpro: I generally feel better when away from work and sometimes I'm not too bad on Mondays. Then as the week progresses, I feel worse and worse. Until recently, I also wasn't concerned about what I might carry home with me. So, I didn't worry if I fell asleep on the sofa in my work clothes or threw my socks on the floor. And maybe that doesn't even matter for all I know. All I know is I've never been seriously sick in my life and I know something is very wrong. Thanks for your advise. I certainly appreciate it. :)

moldchron: I am trying my best to get out of there, but I can't quit because I'll have no insurance and I'm on my own. I wish it were easy. I'm waiting to hear back on those results and then I will make my decision but you can bet I won't stay working there. It scares me that you got so sick so quickly. I'm looking back and thinking this started more than a month ago with my throat problems. I just didn't know. I don't want any compensation exept my health back. All I want is justice. Thank you so much for your recommendation and advise.
Moldpro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would shower and launder clothes when I came home from your office. You are surely picking up spores and hyphae at work, if it is indeed contaminated. You hair is like a giant Q-tip, picking up dust, pollen and such all day.

I have talked with many people who have similar complaints.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: