Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could this be from Mold Exposure?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashes888

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Could this be from Mold Exposure?!? Reply with quote

I have worked for a company for 4 1/2 years now and since that time I have been battling with severe sinusitis, hearing loss (feels like my ears are plugged all the time), allergies, asthma, skin rashes, chronic fatigue, headaches almost everyday, skin itching and vertigo among others. My doctor has put me on depression medicine for the fatigue, etc. he has also done numerous blood tests looking for anemia or thyroid problems and they all came back normal. Since the last week in October I have been on antibiotics 3 times and steroids twice and nothing has helped! I'm miserable and am not sure if I'm just grasping at straws here.

Anyway, there is some "dry" mold in the staircase at the business I'm working at. This is only about a foot and a half away from the heater and air conditioner. Is there a possibility that mold spores have gotten into the duct work here and that is what is affecting me. My boss just keeps telling me that all he needs to do is put Clorox on the dry mold and it will be fine but he has still never done anything about it.

I should also mention that one of my co-workers has worked here for 2 years and had never had a sinus infection before she started work here. She has had numerous infections and had a lot of problems with allergies. My other co-worker who has only worked here for 6 months is having ear and sinus problems as well. My boss is the only other employee at our branch so at least 3 out of 4 of us are having problems that we never used to have.

What steps should I take next and am I just overreacting? Please Help!!!
Moldpro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you feel when you are away from work for a few days?

If your symptoms subside it would be fairly likely they are work related.

Air testing by a hygeinist would be a good start to see if the air is contaminated. They could also do a visual inpsection, take swab and dust samples as well.

Simply spraying bleach on the mold will not get rid of the problem. I would try to get all of you to meet with the boss together and voice your concerns. Putting your issues in writing is always a good idea, and if management still refuses to make the needed repairs you would have more options.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like SBS to me.

Go see a Occupatioasnl Envirnmental Doctor or a Toxicologist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: