Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4+ Stachybotrys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> NEW! Hall of Shame - Local Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToxicSTACHY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: 4+ Stachybotrys Reply with quote

I have a friend who recently loved into an apartmmmment complex 2 months ago. They started having some really odd health issues. Wheezing and waking up with burning nose throat and blood on pillow and crusty dired blood on nose and throat. They also had daily excruciating headaches ..many more ,but to get to the point - I was very concerned because of their mood mostly ,they became mean and obnoxious ..I mean a total turn around of their former self ...While visiting one day I noticed ..DUH! plant life ,or so I thought at first growing around the baseboards and carpet ..Then upon closer inspection see that there was an array of plant life ...Mushrooms ...many different forms .... So I realise their must be a terrible leak somewhere ..start looking around and find excessive mold on drywall ect... It then clicks about some article I read about mold ..never thinking it would effect anyone I know ,but the persons about face change in personality made me think it perhaps was me ...Long story ,but I talked them into getting taking samples of the drywall for lab testing and the results are ...

( 4+ stachybotrys )

( 3+ penicillium aspergillius)

After learning and investigating these type molds , all data states that it can be extermely toxic and to leave premises and belongings behind ... Which was done . The problem is the rent is paid in advance for the month and their is a 12 month lease agreement ,so basically due to health reasons they are not able to stay at their apartment ,yet have to keep paying rent... Oh and the management claims their is no mold ,but alas we have PICTURES , we have the lab results ....and we just learmed from someoen that the maitenence crew just came in yesterday and painted over the mold ....When it was complained about ,the managment said they would bleach it ,but how do you bleach drywall????

we did take numerous pictures of drywall ...the array of plantlife and mushrooms groing ar the edge of carpet and baseboards and have the receit as of the date the photos were developed ...and the lab results of the toxic mold test performed .. Does this person's health have to suffer on top of paying for a place to live in which they aren't even living ?
madashell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay.. i know a little because we are going through the same... we rented a home and the owner and agent knew about the mold. They do not need to keep paying rent... STOP!! Let the landlord try to evict them.. and when he does take all your pictures and witness to court and claim they breach the lease because they caused the place to be un- livable! No judege is going to lean in their favor.. I am not attorrney but been through alot in the past two months and looked into everything!! Their is a bill yet to be signed stating that the the landlord has to pay the tenant 3 times rent paid, 3 times the secrity deposit and 3 times the moving expenses. The bill has been passed but just not sighned. Also contact a laywer because in our state we can use money rendured for rent to help with our case .. such as hire a lawyer in which we did. I know what they are going through.. I also have a 5 year old and three year old and my 5 year old is very sick, along with myself. email me in you need any more info.. Remember contact a lawyer.. they may take your case with no money down.
ToxicSTACHY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give me contact info please ? I'd like to speak with you.
Toxic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be posting this up in the mold issues area and you would be receiving more attention. I would have contacted you, myself. This section is to mention statewide complaints, only on a state to state level. . . Do you see the state listings? Go back to the mold issues section and try again and I guarantee you will get more response.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> NEW! Hall of Shame - Local Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: