Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travelers Insurance FYI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> NEW! Hall of Shame - Local Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyqueen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Travelers Insurance FYI Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone else read this article. Please forgive if it is a repeat. Something should be done about this. There must be lots of victims.

"Travelers: Large Insurer Group. This Insurer's Ranking Was Significantly Downgraded As Of April 2004 To An Unsatisfactory-Bad Record. Note: The Travelers Property & Casualty Division Announced Their Completion Of Their Sale To St. Paul Companies o/a April 1, 2004. Could The Significant Increase In Recent Complaints And Bad Faith Related Claims Against Travelers Have Anything To Do With Citigroup/Travelers Knowing They Were Selling Their P&C Division. One Can Only Ask What If Any Role, Effect Or Influence Did The Pending Sale Status Of The Company Have To Do With The Uncharacteristic Significant Increase In Claim Complaints During The "For Sale" Period And Also The Former Parent Citigroup Announcing Its Company's Record Breaking Profits For Its First Quarter Results 2004 With Record Profits Alleged To Be The Largest Ever For Any Public Company In The History For Any Stock Exchange Traded Company. Whether To Buy Insurance From This Bad Faith Insurer Is Highly Questionable Until We See Performance By Its New Owner St. Paul Companies Or Will We See The Possible Continuance Of The High Number Of Bad Faith Related Complaints, Denials Of Coverage And Non-Payment Of Claims By The New Owner In Order To Increase Profits To Pay For The Large Acquisition ... Be Advised That When You Buy Insurance From This Bad Faith Insurer, You Do So At Your Own Greatest Risk When You Need To Make A Claim. (Member Companies Of Group Include: American Equity, American Equity Specialty, Associates, Associates Lloyds, Atlantic, Automobile Of Hartford, Charter Oak, Commercial Guaranty, Farmington Casualty, First Floridian Auto & Home, First Trenton Indemnity, Gulf Group Lloyds, Gulf, Gulf Underwriters, Mendakota, Mendota, Northfield, Northland Casualty, Northland, Phoenix, Premiere Of Massachusetts, Red Oak, Select, Standard Fire, Travco, Travelers Commercial, Travelers Casualty & Surety, Travelers Casualty & Surety Of America, Travelers Casualty & Surety Of Illinois, Travelers Casualty Of Connecticut, Travelers Commercial, Travelers Excess & Surplus, Travelers Home & Marine, Travelers Indemnity, Travelers Indemnity Of America, Travelers Indemnity Of Connecticut, Travelers Indemnity Of Illinois, Travelers Lloyds, Travelers Lloyds Of Texas, Travelers Personal Security, Travelers Property & Casualty Of Illinois, Travelers Property & Casualty)".
skyqueen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been waiting since 2001 for Travelers to do something with my mold claim but I know you are correct about all of the big ones do the same doggy doo doo. The old saying ....the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
skyqueen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in a condo. Two insurance companies were involved. My homeowner's and the homeowner's association. Mold was growing in a closet on an outside wall. Both adjusters came. Both originally concluded it was from wind driven rain. At first we had not heard about toxic mold but we were both sick. My homeowner's said "the association's insurance should pay." The adjuster came gave an estimate of approx. $1459.00. The deductible was $1500.00 and about this same time an article on toxic mold showed up on the front page of our local newspaper. (I had major depression, migraines, bloody noses and chronic fatigue +.....my husband had developed a cough that wouldn't go away and eventually had to be put on oxygen + too many things to list for both of us) We had the mold tested and it was toxic ... we requested an air quality test. It was worse than bad. The insurance for the association paid for the test. I called my homeowner's adjuster and told him he could get us another place to stay or start paying our medical bills. We moved out right before Xmas 2001.
Both insurance companies could not agree on who was paying for what. The estimates now ranged from $70.000 to $120,000. for repairing the condo and cleaning our stuff. My husband died May of 2002. The rest is history. We both lost our jobs due to illness. My life insurance on my husband was through my work...so I had nothing. I lost my home, my health, my job and my very best friend in one fell swoop. The bible says we will not be given more than we can bear....so do not feel sorry for me. There are many others who have had things much worse. I am slowly regaining my health.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> NEW! Hall of Shame - Local Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: