Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mycotoxins & kidney cancer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiedb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: mycotoxins & kidney cancer Reply with quote

My husband has just been diag with kidney cancer. He's also had mycotoxin exposure over several years. Needless to say, we are trying to find out if there is a connection.

1) Does anyone know of research connecting the two? I think I've read about it somewhere, but with my memory problems, it's hopeless trying to remember.

2) Does anyone know of a pathologist that can test human tissue for mycotoxins?

I have heard ochratoxins and trichozenes have been connected, but can't find anything on it.

Thanks,
Sherry
Case

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherry,

I'm very sorry to hear about your husbands illness and I'm sure he is a very strong man and will be able to overcome this. Dr.Dennis Hooper does testing for mycotoxin in tissues. You can try contacting him. And yes, there is a connection between mold exposure and kidney cancer a good percentage of the time it's either aspergillus niger or fumigatus.I had a doctor at a local hospital here inform me, that they have seen many patients with this type of infection. He could not state that it was any particular type of exposure, but at least got him thinking. Also speaking to an oncologist I had asked him if his cancer patients have elevated levels of ochratoxins, "Yes". and did not realize where this toxin came from. I do not have the research at hand, but it is there. Susan may have some in her files.

I hope this helps,

Case

Dr.Dennis Hooper
(tests tissue samples for mycotoxins)
Environmental Health Center - Dallas
8345 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 220
Dallas, TX 75231
Phone (214) 373-5104 Fax (214) 691-8432
dhooper@cox.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: