Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Milk Mold growth in Gas Station store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gasstation311

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Milk Mold growth in Gas Station store Reply with quote

hi, I am kind of a worrier about my personal health, especially since i have asthma so hear me out...

I work in a gas station and every saturday we receive milk orders. I guess there was a leak in one of the jugs a long time ago and it started to mold inside one of our refrigerators. The mold is brown to light brown, stinks of old milk of course and has black tar looking pieces in the mold. I am not sure if it is all part of the mold growth but I just worry because I've been told that such a growth is very unhealthy. I just realized it was there today because it growing in the very back of the refrigerator but the smell is very strong and causes a stench to remain on all of the bottles. Should i be concerned before i clean it up? i don't want to have any contact with some type of poisonous growth. thanks for the help...
-r
Moldpro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to clean it I'd think, right away....you could wear an N-95 mask for protection.
Bttrfly2B

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: yes, you should be concerned Reply with quote

Hello- I am brand-spankin' new to this forum (my family & I have only just evacuated our home and are all very sick). I was really just browsing through the posts, etc. ... But I wanted to tell you that if you feel you must be the person to do the cleanup job, wear a Respiratory Mask and protective gloves (dipped in Nitrile) at the very least. The cleaning process will disturb the mold spores-- which will disturb the mycotoxins that are stored inside the spores (from what I've learned)... and if you breathe in any of that stuff you could get sick. I am guessing that is what happened to me about a month ago... I must've made that mold pretty angry, because I experienced terrible vomiting afterward. Good luck 2U.... Bttrfly2B
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: