Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laundry temp to get rid of thrush-like fungus on body

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Laundry temp to get rid of thrush-like fungus on body Reply with quote

Male 50 years, live in UK.

From time to time I get athlete's foot and jock itch (tinea crusis). I believe these are due to the same sort of fungus as that which causes thrush.

I would like to prevent the cross contamination of other clothes in the washing machine. What sort of temperature should I wash at to do this?

I suspect the recommended temp is going to be rather too high. So would it help that a bleach based detergent is used. Here in the UK we have the low-fill front-loading washing machines which are getting more popular in the US. We also use laundry detergents (for whites, at least) which have some bleach in them _ I think our detergents for whites are all like the US version of Tide. We *never* add chlorine bleach to our wash.

Would it make a difference to the recommended wash temp if this sort of bleach-containing detrgent was used rather than the non-bleach equivalent.

I think that in some countries (Australia is one) Canestan makes a laundry wash additive but it is not available here in the UK as far as I know.

Maybe just plain ol' washing is enough to flush away most of the fungal spores?

Thank you for any info.
wiedb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we use 2-3 cups of ammonia per load of wash. Works great. (the ammonia sold in the US is a 10%solution - available at most grocery stores.) Doesn't hurt colors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: