Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions re: remediation of mold inside wall cavities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cofeyga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Questions re: remediation of mold inside wall cavities Reply with quote

Hello,

Could you please help with a couple of questions re: mold remediation inside wall cavities?

Background:
We suspect our house has mold growth inside of exterior walls as there is a musty odor at nail holes and switchplates that are on exterior walls. Some rooms adjacent to exterior walls also have a mild musty odor.

Our house is about 30 years old, no obvious signs of leaks or water intrusion, full basement (dry). No visible mold growth inside house. Only known problem is that former owner of house did not control humidity.

Since we moved to this house, I am experiencing symtoms of dizziness and constant congestion/sore throat. Other family members are unaffected, thankfully.

My questions are:
- Could you please rate the difficulty and likelihood of success of remediation of mold in wall cavities? Is this a huge, expensive project that will drag on for months and is unlikely to achieve long-term success? Or is it not so bad?
- Could you please offer insight as to what measures are involved in remediation of mold inside walls? Is it generally necessary to replace drywall and exterior siding?
- Can you recommend a mold remediation contractor in Atlanta, Georgia region?

We are trying to decide whether to proceed with remediation or sell the house and move.

Thank you very much for your help!
Sincerely,
Diana H.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how much mold is behind the walls. If only one wall its not too bad. Can you do it yourself, or your family? Drywall is about $8 for a 4 by 8 foot section.

I started to re-mediate my house. Had all the walls and ceilings tore out.

I put 10,000 into it and it will need at lease another 30,000 to finish. I could have sold the house for 70,000 before I did anything, with all the walls torn out and already putting 10,000 into it, i can't get 25,000 out of it now.

Wish I would have sold it.
Moldpro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We remediate areas like you are describing regularly with success. It is a simple matter of air flow control, demolition and cleaning. Its a little mysterious but its really not hard.
Angeleyes68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: remediation Reply with quote

Hire A WELL QUALIFIED COMPANY to do the testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ashley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my entire house remediated. Cost approx $6,000. I typed an extra "0" but deleted it. haha
I believe they saturate the walls with their chemical solution and then super vacuum them dry. Almost dry. You will slightly smell chemicals when you return. Get a good nose mask and open the windows. :roll:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: