Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP - High mycotoxin levels in blood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: HELP - High mycotoxin levels in blood Reply with quote

Anyone --

I need advice. I have high levels of Penecillium, Cladosporium, Chaetomium and Aspergillus - IgG, IgM, IgA but not IgE, in fact very abnormally high. The holistic doc I saw (as no one else knows a thing about mold) told me I am at risk for liver and kidney cancer. I already had a mastectomy for breast cancer and am scared. Had the basement and attic remediated professionally and my bedroom and living room misted as they had high count of penecillium spores - no mold there just spores - (I did swab samples after finding the mold in the basement and attic and it went through into the bathroom that is half underground. I live in a multi level. It cost $30,000 and that took everything I have and wiped out the equity loan completely. I live in the Northeast and we have had heavy rain for 2 weeks and still supposed to have rain on and off for at least another week and get water in the basement through the chimney door (tried to have it fixed but mason said couldn't as it is a free standing chimney on hollow cinder blocks and only the earth is holding it up and as the water comes from below he told the backhoe guy to forget it. This rain problem even caused water intrusion where it never came in before. Thank God for the sump pump.

However, I am scared the mold spores might be back. I have been very sick and hubby only makes $16/hour so money is tight. Cleaned the kitchen where I swabbed and found heavy penecillium on the top of the cabinets and the remediator said we could do the cladosporium behind the vinyl wallpaper in the dining area ourselves using plastic sheeting, exhaust fan out the window, etc. However, the doc said I am not allowed to be exposed to any more mold and that right now I am very toxic. Going for blood tests today about my immune system. It was bad before and he thinks it is probably a lot worse as I was sleeping in the penecillium laden room. Hubby's room is just regular rare mold. (different rooms because he snores terribly). I guess he lucked out.

Please, if anyone can give me any advice or encouragement. Can't sell the house in this condition and don't know what we would get for it to get another. I have severe osteoporosis and need a house all on one floor. Have a lot of work to do. Also, toilet shifted and started to rock but with my Crohn's, the mastectomy, fatigue and tryiing to deal with the mold issue I just got around to getting the plumber. He put a new seal on but said the wood under it is wet and has to be replaced. Since it is an old house I wonder about asbestos tile. I just can't deal with fixing that right now but will have to in the not too distant future. Have to try to get the fatigue under control and have to do a lot of cleaning up as my "safe room" where I practically have put most of my house came up with moderate penecillium spores so now I have to reclean everything in that room. Don't know how it got in there.

Also, the humidity in the house is 60 to 70% and I have dehumidifiers and air purifiers running. I even have a couple of Airfree units. Any suggestions there? The humidity outside has been 96% on average and I don't dare open a window. Do I have to reclean evrything in the basement that did not get wet? Anything that got wet is in the garbage.

Sorry this is so long. Thanks for your help
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you were moving?

I filed my own lawsuite, I could not find a lawyer.

A doctor told me to burn my house down.

Illegal yes, but there are worse things then going to jail, like dying from the mold.
suggi

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoTimothy2

Can't move -- out of money and still need to get visable mold off wall in dining area. Also vinyl wallpaper where mold is and in hall and foyer has to come off. Is taking off chips of paint and has to be sanded or something before painting so can try to sell house. It will be a while unfortunately Have to take care of computer room first. Started yesterday but didn't finish...BAD. Worse than not doing it. I guess I should stop swabbing as I keep finding more.

Thanks.
MamaB

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Forgive me, but ... Reply with quote

Why would you be concerned with selling your house if it has been diagnosed with mold contamination ... and you've become ill from it?

I'm not sure if in your state there is a mold-law or not (I could look, but I'm sleepy ... sorry ... maybe tomorrow) but if you DO sell your house without disclosing the mold contamination (ie - getting it off the walls like you said) you could and probably would be in for a heck of a lawsuit if the new owner(s) also become ill from the contamination.

If your house was contaminated in high concentrations to the point where the spore levels in the living room were high in the air (I think that's what you meant ... correct me if I'm wrong) then I believe the mold problem was / is probably much larger than you think.

Regardless, you have had testing, remediation and now, medical diagnostics done ... you can't hide from your mold problem, nor can you ask an unsuspecting individual or family to PAY YOU for YOUR mold problem. If it's making you sick ... it will make others sick ...

suggi

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MamaB

Do not expect to sell the house if it still has a mold problem. That is why we are doing all this work. The only place with visable mold was the basement on the bottom of the wood partitions, a spot in the attic (also professionally remediated and post cleared) and dining area. Basement is done and dining area is being done. I called the inspector and he said after we do the dining area he will come back and test everything.. however he said I was overreacting as the problem in the basement was the wooden partitions with the moldy bottoms and since they are gone and the basement professionally remediated there no longer is a problem -- especially since the post testing came back with NO FINGI. He said there are many times when the count goes down to an allowable level (rare) but no fungi is excellent.

The living room was high in a swab sample not the air sample. Our original air samples were not bad. Living room was swabbed and air tested after remediation again with no fungi. The other rooms affected also only showed up in a swab sample. They have been reswabbed and no fungi. Just the dining area left to do before he comes back. I want him to do each room individually(air and swab) -- the rooms he already did and post test the ones he hasn't done since we cleaned them. If we move it won't be because of mold but because of the osteoporosis and the fact I need all on one floor eventually. Not moving until I am in the wheelchair. Hubby says this will probably be cleaner than any house we can get by the time we are finished -- only problem is I can't help him now. Actually the inspector said mold is everywhere and no fungi is not the norm.
suggi

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MamaB

Also, with the 2 weeks of rain over the humidity in the house is down so that is good. Also, if it goes up again i can use the central air now.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep looking for a Lawyer.

Did you file a claim with your Insurance company?

My Insurance company told me they do not cover mold, but the Agent said, off the Record ;), that they say that to everyone and if I sued them, I would get my money in about two years.

Abandon the house and move into a hotel or apartment until you can win your lawsuit or lose the house.
MamaB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

It's too much of a risk to sell the house - knowing there was / is a mold problem. With the levels of mold in your house / in you ... it's difficult to beleive the mold problem would really be gone.

With your health the way it is ... you shouldn't be cleaning and stuff either. I thought I could "take it" and continue to clean my apartment, to hopefully lessen the chance of my family becoming ill.

I WAS SO VERY WRONG.

I thought that since I couldn't see the mold - it couldn't make me sick. I've just found out that the Aspergillus spores colonized in my heart and are now 'breaking off' away from the colony and into my blood stream ... creating what seems like small blood clots. Well, they are blood clots - just not the "normal" ones. (if there is such a thing)

I am also severely allergic to Aspergillus - so to have it swimming around in my blood doesn't feel real good. The 'clots' are stopping the circulation of blood to different areas of my body - you can see almost ALL of my veins just by looking at me and my arms and legs are numb all the time.

I'm 33 years old - with 2 babies to raise - this mold stuff isn't fun.

So, I'm not criticizing you for your decisions w/your house ... but when I first began this 'mold-journey' people told me to GET OUT! and leave everything ... and who cares about your house / posessions when your health is on the line? Well, I didn't listen (right away) and after only 4 months I now have a heart condition among other things - and nobody to take care of my girls if something should happen to me.

What's worse ... the symptoms / illnesses didn't really present until AFTER we moved out of that apartment ... and seem to progressively get worse. So, I just think about your health now ... and what it might be after you leave. The longer you're in there ... the worse it will be on you.

Sorry - I am very emotional and I worry about everyone with this HUGE mold-problem this country is facing.

Please, if I sound harsh ... please just take it as a very caring girl who is concerned for you and yours.

~ MamaB
suggi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MamaB

Sorry to hear about your heart problems. At least your doc knows something about mold. none of mine do. I had to find a holistic doc not part of a hospital who knows mold. He said to educate my PCP (never see him anyway--always nurse practitioner) and you must know how well that is going over. Even though mold is gone damage to health is done.

Dining area finished and whole house inspected. Results were good.. all came back with no fungi detected. Inspector said just keep humidity down. Said it all came from wood patitions in basement that are gone. However, regarding health problems most are irreversible so don't know if any will get better or not. If we move wherever we go will not be as clean as what we have right now. As I said, inspector said mold is everywhere and you can't get away from it unless you live in a bubble. He said every time you open a window mold spores come in so that is why he said to keep the humidity in the house low so nothing can grow -- that goes for anywhere in any house. I never thought about humidity before.

Get a humidity thing on your wall and make sure yours is down as you could be having a problem where you are living now. If it is high get a dehumidifier.

Take care.
suggi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MamaB

How did you find out about the blood clots from the mold in your heart? What kind of doctor did you see?
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamab,

When you did finally move, did you take your stuff with you?

I moved took some of my stuff, had it cleaned but i think the mold is still in it and is still making me sick.
MamaB

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Doctors and Stuff Reply with quote

Regarding the doctor(s):
Believe me ... NONE of these doctors know anything about mold, either, with the exception of 1 or 2 docs that 1/2 way know and are willing to look into things further.

I've had test upon test (CT scans, ultra-sounds, blood-work, spinal tap, etc.) and finally, after I read online (now I search the medical school sites ... mostly the Medical Microbiology 'units' of study) and found out that Aspergillus does, in fact, colonize around your heart and elsewhere in your body (lungs, liver, kidneys, and so on). I brought this up to all the docs (Allergist, PCP, Cardio, Neurologist) and with the test results (visual) compared to the test results (lab - blood work) added to the allergies / MCS / Mycotoxicosis, it has been a 'probable' diagnosis.

The ultrasound shows 'stuff' around the heart, as it does when you have sinuses scanned. I'm not letting any of these docs poke me anymore - so, it has been determined by the blood tests / pics / symptoms, etc.

I asked the same thing ... and they said they have to look at my age, my overall health (before and after the mold) and take into consideration the extreme levels of mold and the types of mold. I've never had blood clots before, nor have I ever had heart problems. My veins under my skin show so much its almost gross. This has never been either.

Nobody know ... really.

As for the furniture ...

We moved out last August. We left EVERYTHING there - we had to because the entire apartment had tested for severely high levels of stachy, aspergillus, alternaria, ... (and more) but the worst, was the stachy "gardens" ... meaning, there were 5 areas with lino flooring. These idiots at the apartments COVERED THE MOLD UP 4 OR 5 TIMES! So there were 4 or 5 LAYERS OF LIVE, HEALTHY STACHY! in those 5 different areas / rooms located throughout the entire apartment (nearly 1200 sq.ft apt). The scientist we hired took a sample underneath the very bottom layer in the kitchen, and just in that 1cm area, there were nearly 200,000 spores of stachy.

The place was loaded. And stachy "get's mad" when it is disturbed ... we were walking on it every damn day! We had no idea ... they told us it was glue ... it was glue - but it was the stachy feeding off of the glue, which made it even more toxic, as the stachy would give off chemical gases as it consumed the glue.

Anyways ... if you're still feeling sick, it may be from the spores in your stuff. You know there are spores ... there's no way that there isn't. That's why we left everything ... but, we're still sick, and actually sicker than before. I read (somewhere) that the illnesses will present worse after the exposure and worsen if re-exposed (can't remember where right now)

Good luck to all ...

Sorry for the delay in replying. : (
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see a Toxicologist? They are sometimes called Occupational Environmental Doctor. They are the ones to see about Mold exposure. They don't know that much either but they know more then the rest any doctor will see you and run test if you pay him money but you need to see the right doctor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: