Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Growing Mold"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longbeachmold

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: "Growing Mold" Reply with quote

We have growing mold in our bathroom, is there a 24 hour hotline to call for toxic hazard? Do we need to evacuate the premises? What is our recourse of action? If anyone have solutions please advise.

Thanks
jpydmm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Hawthorne, CA and I'm new here myself...hello to you neighbor. I'm in a similar situation with mold in my bathroom. I've read through so many posts and replies here as well as visited www.mold-help.org and found valuable information to answer alot of my questions.
longbeachmold

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will review the web. I have sprayed some bleach on the mold and cut it off and it has not re rooted as of yet. That was the crazyest thing I was born and raised in California and never in my years have I experience anything like that.
Ashley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question:

Where is the mold growing in your bathroom? Behind wallpaper; on floor moulding; under the sink?

:x
longbeachmold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mushroom like plant was growing out of the ceiling above the bathroom window.
Moldpro

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the moisture due to steam from showers or is there a neighbor upstairs that has a leak? Can you post a picture? Is it a yellow blobby looking thing?
longbeachmold

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I is a combination of both, but I would say it would have to be a leak from my neighbor upstairs, I have been here over 5yrs and that was the first time I have experience anything like that.

[/img]C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Adobe\Scanned Photos[img][/img]
longbeachmold

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I is a combination of both, but I would say it would have to be a leak from my neighbor upstairs, I have been here over 5yrs and that was the first time I have experience anything like that.

[/img]C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Adobe\Scanned Photos[img][/img]
Moldpro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have the pic hosted somewhere on the net, you can't hotllink to your own computer.....

Keep cleaning any surface growth and get a pro in there to see if there is an ongoing leak.
zombi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Write them a letter demanding repair, then if no answer.. Reply with quote

Call a contractor in yourself and then deduct the cost of the repair from your rent.

You can deduct up to one months rent per year in Calif. Talk to your local tenants union.. (if there is one)
Moldpro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to give the landlord time to fix it and notification in writing of you doing this. Take lots of pics. he can't evict you if you do it, but be prepared to go to court cuz he might try.

Its called a "Retaliatory Eviction" and its illegal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: