Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neighbors abandoned house

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladycoop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Neighbors abandoned house Reply with quote

I have serious concerns about the neighborís home.
It has stood vacant for about a year and a half.
She came back one day and I ran into her. She offered to show me why she moved out. I went inside with her. And the ceiling had fallen down due to pipes bursting and there is now mold growing up the walls.
I had a headache for the next 48 hrs. And just felt ill.
Within 48 hours my daughter had a body rash that we could not explain. It plagued her for 4 days and traveled all around her body. Could this be related?
The house is in foreclosure.
My real concern now is that when they go to tear down or renovate the house will we be subject to the spores and any illnesses if they do not do the demolition properly.
What should I do? To insure that my house and family don't get sick.
Ashley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it definitely could be related. If you inhaled enough spores you could feel sick for a day or two. Now you know why she abandoned the house.

If nothing else like calling someone in your city government and finding out what can be done or the EPA, make sure you close all your windows tightly and run your a/c when/if they are tearing the house down. And if you could go away for a while.

Then after a few days and they're done, you might hose down that side of your house a few times to get the spores down onto the ground (if any were there). Then you can use a fungicide along the ground on that side of the house(follow directions).

:(
Moldpro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could definitely make you ill and give you the symptoms you described.
Ru6ydragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: YES Reply with quote

The first month I lived in the house, I experienced rash and hives all over my body. That was the first thing in a series of many health problems. If the house gets demolished improperly, that doggy doo doo will shoot out all over the street and your house. If they do that, go out of town that week and when you come back, treat the entire outside of your home with bleach water. Wear a mask.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you went inside her house, you could have brought the mold spores home with you.

It could have gotten it in your hair and on your clothes.

When you wash your clothes, it could get inside your washing machine and start breeding in there.

Mold is nasty. It's worse then Cockroaches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: