Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fungis needs sugar to thrive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ru6ydragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Fungis needs sugar to thrive Reply with quote

Suggi,
Since you cannot take medication to rob your body of sugar, you may want to try these diabetic therapies to reduce glucose levels in your body... taken from www.naturalmd.com

You should also take immune system boosting herbs and suppliments so that your body's defense system works to fight the toxins. Mold itself reduces your immune system therefore you MUST boost it.

Echinacia, Fish Oil, Borage Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Goldenseal and most important Vitamins.

taken from www.naturalmd.com .......

Supplementing with psyllium has been shown to be a safe and well-tolerated way to improve control of blood glucose and cholesterol. In a double-blind trial, men with type 2 diabetes who took 5.1 grams of psyllium per day for eight weeks lowered their blood glucose levels by 11% to 19.2%, their total cholesterol by 8.9%, and their LDL (bad) cholesterol by 13%, compared to a placebo.248

Asian ginseng is commonly used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat diabetes. It has been shown in test tube and animal studies to enhance the release of insulin from the pancreas and to increase the number of insulin receptors.249 250 Animal research has also revealed a direct blood sugar-lowering effect of ginseng.251 A double-blind trial found that 200 mg of ginseng extract per day improved blood sugar control, as well as energy levels in people with type 2 diabetes.252

In a small preliminary trial, 3 grams of American ginseng was found to lower the rise in blood sugar following the consumption of a drink high in glucose by people with type 2 diabetes.253 The study found no difference in blood sugar-lowering effect if the herb was taken either 40 minutes before the drink or at the same time. A follow-up to this study found that increasing the amount of American ginseng to either 6 or 9 grams did not increase the effect on blood sugar following the high-glucose drink in people with type 2 diabetes.254 This study also found that American ginseng was equally effective in controlling the rise in blood sugar whether it was given together with the drink or up to two hours before.

Preliminary trials of holy basil (Ocimim sanctum) leaves and hairy basil (Ocimum canum) seeds have shown that these herbs may help people with type 2 diabetes control their blood sugar levels.255 256 257 While the mechanism of action of holy basil leaf is not understood, hairy basil seed may work by replacing simple sugars in the diet (which rapidly and detrimentally elevate blood sugar levels) with dietary fiber (which raises blood sugar levels more slowly for better control). It is unknown whether common culinary basil (Ocimum basilicum) would have similar effects.

Gymnema may stimulate the pancreas to produce insulin in people with type 2 diabetes. Gymnema also improves the ability of insulin to lower blood sugar in people with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. So far, no double-blind trials have confirmed the efficacy of gymnema for people with any type of diabetes. One preliminary trial found that 400 mg of gymnema extract per day could reduce or eliminate the need for oral blood sugar-lowering mold in some people with type 2 diabetes.258 Another preliminary trial suggested the same amount of the extract could allow for use of less insulin in people with type 1 diabetes.259 Gymnema is not a substitute for insulin.

Two preliminary trials found that aloe vera juice (containing 80% aloe gel) helps lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. One trial found that 1 Tbsp (15 grams) twice daily reduced the amount of the blood sugar-lowering mold glibenclamide required to manage blood sugar levels.260 The other trial found the juice by itself was effective.261

Whole, fried slices,262 water extracts,263 and juice264 of bitter melon may improve blood-sugar control in people with type 2 diabetes, according to preliminary trials. However, double-blind trials are needed to confirm this potential benefit.

Preliminary trials and at least one double-blind trial have shown that large amounts of onion can lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.265 266 267 The mechanism of onion’s blood sugar-lowering action is not precisely known, though there is evidence that constituents in onions block the breakdown of insulin in the liver. This would lead to higher levels of insulin in the body.268

Ginkgo biloba extract may prove useful for prevention and treatment of early-stage diabetic neuropathy, though research is at best very preliminary in this area.270 Other herbs that may help are fenugreek seeds and eleuthero (Siberian ginseng).

Mistletoe extract has been shown to stimulate insulin release from pancreas cells,271 and animal research found that it reduces symptoms of diabetes.272 No research in humans has yet been published; however, given mistletoe’s worldwide reputation as a traditional remedy for diabetes, clinical trials are warranted to validate these promising preliminary findings. Traditionally, mistletoe is prepared by soaking 2–4 teaspoons of chopped mistletoe in two cups of water overnight. The mixture is drunk first thing in the morning and sweetened with honey if desired. Another batch may be left to steep during the day and drunk at bedtime.

Olive leaf extracts have been used experimentally to lower elevated blood-sugar levels in diabetic animals.273 These results have not been reproduced in human clinical trials.
suggi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Right now I am taking a small amount of Bio Clear. It is made by Bio Tech Labs. The holistic doc (the only one who knew what a mycotoxin was and did $600 of blood tests to find I have high levels of mycotoxins in my blood) told me to try it. He said 3 heaping tablespoons 2x/day and to build up to it gradually. I am now only at 1 heaping teaspoon. I can not do the "poop" tests he suggested. PM me if you want and I'll explain the procedure to you. That also could run $700 and I just don't have the money. Those labs don't take insurance.

Perhaps you could look Bio Clear up on the net as see what you think. I imagine the intravenous Vit C and minerals would work much quicker but as I mentioned somewhere with insurance not paying the $80 a pop and only the one arm to work with I'd probably have collapsed veins or arteries or whatever they use. I have a lot of scar tissue built up where they take blood from all down my arm or so the hospital lab says and they are always trying to sweet me in another spot. And then I have to sign a waiver about no responsibility if I get a blood clot from it. Gee, thanks a lot. ........ Please let me know about the Bio Clear. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: