Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could mold and moisture in walls cause high humidity inside?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Angeleyes68



Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Posts: 73
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Could mold and moisture in walls cause high humidity inside? Reply with quote

We have been dealing with our mold problem going on 3 years. I know we still have a problem because I am allergic to mold now and I have some symptoms.

For the last week our humidity level has been at 60. I do all I can do to bring the humidity down. MY question is could mold and moisture in the walls cause the humidity to rise that high?

We live in a modular home and still have mold growing in crawl space on the soil under a vapor barrier . We were also informed that our siding was done incorrectly and is going to be replaced.

What are the signs of mold growing under the siding or in the walls?

thanks
Angeleyes68
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moldpro



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Posts: 791
Location: San Diego, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a 60% humidity reading would cause mold to grow in the wall cavities.

As long as the plastic is sealed down in your crawlspace it should suffice.

Increase airflow through the crawlspace by using NEGATIVE air pressure. Produce this by adding a small window type fan pulling air out from under your home. NOT blowing in, but pulling air out. If you push air in, that can't force the airborne contaminants up into your home. Pulling the air out will do the opposite.

Mold can grow on the vapor retarder behind the siding, or on the paper backing of insulation. I've seen that many times, but it takes a lot of moisture over a long period to make that happen.
_________________
General Building Contractor, Formerly IAQA Certified Mold Remediator, RE Broker, Formerly IESO Certified Residential Mold Inspector.
Richard's office # 858-279-7800
Keep it clean and dry!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GoTimothy2



Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Posts: 187
Location: MI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Humidity is very high. Do you have a good Humidifier?

What is the humidity outside when it's 60 inside?

Do you have a Exaust fan in the Bath and is it on when you shower?
Do you have a Exaust fan abouve the stove and is it on when you cook?

They should be.

Do you have fish tanks or other sources of water like cold tubs or saunas?

My humidity in the house is 27% because its windter and the funace sucks out the mosture.
_________________
Copywrite 2005 By Timothy Allen Campbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Angeleyes68



Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Posts: 73
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!! Well I can tell you that after dealing with this shitty mold problem for 3 years I am a fan fanantic. I always have the windows cracked and have circulation going.... We do have a problem still under the house with mold growing rampid under the vapor barrier. MY son's father will not deal with the problems and does not support me, no matter what I show or tell him.

The siding is going to be replaced, soon roof is warped everywhere mold growing from no source of water, because it has not rained in days.

My son keeps getting a fever for no reason, anyway I am taking him to the doctors tomorrow.

It is a very sad situation when I am in this all alone, because my son's father a control freak , wont admit we HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM.

THe crawl space tested positive for stachybotyrs can that affect the air in the living are?? I do not have a sense of smell anymore so I cant smell much just feel the symptoms..

ONE thing I do ask IS ..... GOD why US??

Thanks for letting me vent, Angeleyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB 2001 phpBB Group

TOXIC MOLD

http://www.mold-help.org

The most comprehensive mold website with complete information on toxic mold (stachybotrys, penicillium, aspergillus, fusarium, chaetomium, and cladosporium) . Images, physicians list, symptoms, medical updates, descriptions, discussion board, and several other topics.