Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can this be mold exposure??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cherbo1998

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Can this be mold exposure?????? Reply with quote

My husband has come down with some symptoms that the doctors can't figure out and I'm wondering if it could be mold exposure in our home. On Dec 2, 2006 he became very dizzy. After a CT scan to rule out brain tumor, etc., the ENT said he could possibly have a viral inner ear infection. The next visit to the doctor resulted in him saying that the CT did show a sinus infection so he has been on augmentin for a week and ketek for two weeks. Next visit, diagnosed with benign postional vertigo and given meclizine which made him so lethargic I thought he was dying in front of my eyes. Another trip to the doctor led to a referral for physical therapy for vertigo. That did seem to help his vertigo but he says he feels lightheaded and is still stopped up. He also says he has pressure in his ear and his forehead and the back of his head. He wants to sleep all the time and he is getting depressed. He hasn't worked since Dec 2, and needless to say, we are going down fast financially. He has no energy and sleeps all the time.

One thing that makes me think it could be something environmental is because in October I redid my home office and did a lot of painting. I was down in my back for weeks and then my arms became so sore I couldn't get out of bed or even pull the covers up without pain. I am better but still very stiff in the mornings. I can't reach the coffee cups in the cabinet first thing in the morning.

Our washer drains into a spot under our basement but it drains very slowly and the water backs up from the drain cover in the basement. There is black gunk around the drain cover in about a 6' circle. It's been something I was going to have fixed for a whil but you know the old saying, "out of sight out of mind."

If this is mold exposure, how can I know for sure? If I take him out of the house, how long will it take to show signs of improvement if it is something in the house?
Moldpro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you leave the house, say for a weekend trip or longer do you feel different?
Kenny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just evacuated a mold infected home that was making me very sick. In 3 days i feel better. I went back twice to get things and was very sick again day after and for 2 more days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: