Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mycotoxins from blood transfusion????????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Mycotoxins from blood transfusion???????????? Reply with quote

Hey all

I presume this is a stupid question but I am going to ask it anyway. I know I have high levels of mycotoxins in my blood because of the blood tests I had. My neighbor's basement smells so bad (mine somehow never did even though it was there so I was unaware and is now remediated). Anyway, we all get water intrusion and they have a lot of boxes and everything down there plus the washer and dryer like we did so she is down a lot. You just know there is mold down there....she asked me to show her where the dehumidifier filter was and that is why I went -- she had never used one before. However she seems unconcerned about the moldy smell.

Anyway, I have never donated blood because of other health issues but the daughter over there used to donate but I don't think she has been lately. Is blood checked for mold mycotoxins when you donate? There must be thousands of people who are unaware of mold problems and probably have mycotoxins in their blood but do not know it and regularly donate blood. Then there are the thousands who do not know how bad mold is and just bleach what they see and shrug it off as life. I am getting the impression that even some docs are unaware also. I wonder if "moldy blood" could be passed on to some poor immune compromised surgery patient?????? People really don't know about mold -- my neighbor said mold is everywhere and thinks I was nuts to do the remediation.

Any thoughts on blood donation????

I read somewhere about hospitalized patients getting aspergilllosis from visitors coming in - spores on their clothes, etc. It was some paper written by a physician. If this could happen -- why not through blood transfusion??
pashikov

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggi,

Unfortunately I don't know anything about transferring mycotoxins trough blood transfusion. You may have a valid concern. What prompted me to post a reply was your mentioning of bleach as the popular remedy for mold. I would like to point out that bleach has been proven invective for mold cleaning and should not be used for this purpose. A much better cleaner is Sporicidin Enzyme Cleaner which is a very effective (and economical) enzyme concentrate that quickly dissolves and removes mold and organic matter. The cleaning can be followed by spraying with Disinfectant Solution which will disinfect the non-porous surfaces and will inhibit mold regrowth for up to 6 months.
suggi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pashikov

I don't use bleach myself. I have used moldzyme and concrobium but haven't tried your product yet. I have been using these others more for discouraging anything coming back as mine is supposedly gone....however, ocasionally our humidity in the house creeps up so I watch for that. Those other products are non toxic -- yours does have phenol in it. How toxic is that -- I do have a lot of allergies to products, meds, etc.

It sounds good because it is a disinfectant also but could you be in the same room without protection while fogging? Hubby fogs with concrobium with no mask, gloves, suit after we get water intrusion in the basement which only happens 2x/year but from time to time our 4 ft x 4 ft sump pump/sewer pipe pit fills up a bit in between. -- not enough to make the pump go on but it takes a while to go down and you can not use concrobium until it is dry to be effective.
pashikov

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cleaner is separate from the disinfectant solution but they can be used one after the other. The Enzyme cleaner is completely harmless. The Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution has the lowest toxicity level in the EPA categorization. The Material Safety Data Sheet says that there is no inhalation hazard associated with the disinfectant and therefore no respiratory protection is recommended. However, I would still suggest the use of a mask for fogging with Sporicidin. The disinfectant can also irritate the eyes on direct contact. It has a citrus scent. I am familiar with the 2 products you are using and they both are excellent products. However, according to my information the moldzyme is very expensive. The concrobium is just a little more expensive.
suggi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pashikov

You have me interested. Would you need to use both the enzyme and the disinfectant or just one of them for cleaning and fogging?

Do either of them have to dry completely to "kill and encapsulate" mold/spores/bacteria. That is one thing I do not care for with concrobium -- you feel nothing is happening until it is dry. Also, could you use Sporicidin if the surface was still wet/damp like in the "pit". Hubby does not fog if water comes in the pit only if it comes in the chimney door and runs across the floor.

Another question -- last spring (maybe because of the dampness in the NE) we had a lot of ants and I don't know if they were carpenter or not but if they come back this spring I will want to call someone in to spray around the outside of the house. If we get water in after this if some of their spray stuff comes in with the water will it mix OK with your product on the floor and in the pit? They can't spray inside because of my allergies.

Hubby walks around with the fogger in the basement and it does get on him. Would this still be OK with both of your products?? We just do not have much luck with our turntable -- have it set on small mist and it does not reach too far so everything in a small area gets soaked and the rest is dry so now he does it by hand.

Thanks for any info.
pashikov

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggi,

The Enzyme cleaner is needed only if you have actual mold growth that you want to remove from a surface. For fogging and surface treatment you should only consider the Disinfectant Solution. It will kill any existing mold and will inhibit the future re-growth for up 6 months. It is an effective disinfectant and wet state. When it dries out it inhibits bacterial or mold growth on the treated surface. Concrobium mold control will NOT kill any mold (if you check its EPA registration you will see that it is only registered as fungistat/mildewstat – which means inhibitor, not disinfectant). You need to wait until dry because it is almost like salty water (active ingredient: sodium carbonate). You have no such limitation with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution. And the disinfectant solution kills any mold, bacteria, mildew, yeast it comes in contact with. I would recommend that you check with a very small amount of the disinfectant solution if it is fine for your allergies – it is scented and I don’t know how you would react to the scent. The disinfectant solution shouldn't be mixed with any other chemicals but I don't expect any problems for the scenario you describe with water bringing in some traces of spray from the outside. I would also recommend goggles and a mask for fogging even though it is not required in the MSDS of the product.
suggi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pashikov

I guess I am still confused about the difference between your enzyme cleaner and your disinfectant. It sounds like the enzyme cleaner gets rid of and prevents regrowth of mold as well as the disinfectant. Is the only difference that it also kills bacteria as well as mold spores and the enzyme cleaner is strictly for mold? Need to find out all I can before ordering -- do not want hubby ordering any more concrobium or moldzyme if yours is better.

Also, he has asthma and that is why he liked the non toxic approach as the mask really bothers him. He tried wearing it and eye proection (which steamed up from the mask and he could not see) when he first fogged with concrobium and found he did better without them but he probably would have been fine with just the eye protection. He says "at least my lungs and sinuses are mold free" HA HA. Anyway he had no ill effects from not wearing them. If yours is better I will certainly recommend it to my friends -- many are in the same boat.

WHY DO YOU recomend wearing the mask?? And is that for both your products or just the disinfectant. Is there a possibility he could do without and maybe just protect his eyes? -- for both products? -- for just the disinfectant?

Thanks. I will pass your answer along as there are a lot of us that I know of needing something good to use.
pashikov

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggi,

The Enzyme Mold Cleaner is a cleaner – it can be used to economically clean mold or other organic contamination. It is completely harmless – non-toxic, biodegradable and environmental safe. No mask or goggles are required with the cleaner. It comes as a concentrate in quart bottles - one quart makes 16 gallons of ready to use cleaner. It is not EPA registered and no claims can be maid that it kills mold.

The Disinfectant Solution is a separate product, it is EPA registered and is used to kill mold and disinfect surfaces. It also inhibits the re-growth of mold for up to 6 months.

I feel the mask is needed because it doesn't seem right for anyone to breathe in the droplets of disinfectant while fogging. However, there is no inhalation hazard associated with the disinfectant solution and a mask is not required by the MSDS. Goggles are required as the product can irritate the eyes on direct contact.

Suggi, I believe in these products and to the best of my knowledge there are no better products for mold cleaning and remediation on the market.
Moldpro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the active ingredients in these products?
pashikov

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution Active Ingredients

Phenol 1.56%
Sodium Phenate 0.06%
Inert Ingredients 98.38%
www.americanairandwater.com/Sporicidin.htm

Enzyme Mold Cleaner Active Ingredients

An enzyme combination of protease (to remove protein), amylase (to remove starch) and lipase (to remove fat), which also quickly dissolves and removes mold and organic matter.
www.americanairandwater.com/Sporicidin-mold-cleaner.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: