Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wet newspaper and mold? MoldPro and anyone

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
suggi



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 190

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Wet newspaper and mold? MoldPro and anyone Reply with quote

The grandkids and husband have been using the same newspaper to place their wet boots/shoes on to dry in front of the baseboard heat (hardwood floor) for about 3+ weeks. I never gave it a thought because it dried out and we were out of newspapers. It's just that it kept getting rewet. Anyway, today there were no boots/shoes on it and I saw how grungy it looked and threw it out. Did not really notice mold growth but it looked pretty dirty from the dirty water brought in so now I am scared.

Could mold grow on it if it completely dried out being in front of the baseboard heat and thus transfer to the bottom of the boots/shoes? Did I goof not gettting rid of it immediately or am I just paranoid because of all the remediation we went through? If I goofed -- what do I do now? The lab I used to send in swabs no longer works with homeowners.

Thanks for advice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moldpro



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Posts: 791
Location: San Diego, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its possible, but probably not an issue to really worry about. There's always mold floating around. Your body can deal with a normal amount like that. If you tossed out the paper, then its likely all gone. I can see where the muddy water stains would look moldy.

I wouldn't worry about it.
_________________
General Building Contractor, Formerly IAQA Certified Mold Remediator, RE Broker, Formerly IESO Certified Residential Mold Inspector.
Richard's office # 858-279-7800
Keep it clean and dry!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
suggi



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 190

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moldpro

You made me feel better. I have high levels of mycotoxins in my blood already and don't need anymore--esp. since I can't seem to find any way to detox with all my other health problems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB 2001 phpBB Group

TOXIC MOLD

http://www.mold-help.org

The most comprehensive mold website with complete information on toxic mold (stachybotrys, penicillium, aspergillus, fusarium, chaetomium, and cladosporium) . Images, physicians list, symptoms, medical updates, descriptions, discussion board, and several other topics.