Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How safe is a dehumidifier bucket from a refurbished machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: How safe is a dehumidifier bucket from a refurbished machine Reply with quote

My dehumidifier bucket has gotten a leak somewhere in the seam and the model has been discontinued. My husband used some kind of marine epoxy on it but it is still leaking. I have water in the basement and need to use it.

The company had some refurbished machines left in the warehouse and sent 3 buckets for free from those machines as I have 3 of their dehumidifiers -- just in case the others start to leak. I have all 3 going as it is humid in here right now and I was told to keep the humidity down by the remediator. (I just received the buckets but am afraid to open the package until it stops raining 3 days from now and I can go outside and wash them out. We have been deluged by rain. My neighbor had the fire department suck the water out of his basement.

They said they clean them when they get them back for whatever reason and if I use bleach and water before I use it shouldn't it be OK? What concentration - 3/4 cup bleach to a gallon of water??????? I just do not want someone else's mold spores -- I had enough of my own. Since the buckets are plastic and it is not the unit itself I am hoping....

Please advise. Thanks much.
Moldpro

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spray them with some 409 and wipe them out. Are they completely gunky or something???
suggi

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ----- and welcome back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: