Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scared I have a mold problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Scared I have a mold problem Reply with quote

Please anyone who could give me some advice. My house is extremely cheaply built but did not know this when moved in. The kitchen cabinets underneath the counter have spaces below going up and in so you can't even vacuum where the cabinets with doors are. These have cabinet floors -- pots and pans and under sink cabinets. The area with drawers (2 top are utensils and bottom is a potato bin) does not have any bottom to it. Under the potato bin is the particle board subflooring. Because of the openings it gets really dirty in there. With all the sickness I have been through and the mold remediation I neglected to take out the potato bin and vacuum and clean the floor in there for some time......well, besides being full of dirt, cobwebs, falling plaster from the wall THERE ARE 2 BLACKISH AREAS THAT LOOK LIKE STAINING - ONE ON THE SIDE BY THE STOVE AND ONE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CABINET SPACE. I am scared it is mold and do not know how to clean it up. I just put the potato bin back quickly till I know how to deal with it. To get a better look I would have to stick my head in.

My husband says it is just old water staining and just go in there and clean. Well, how would water get in the middle of the cabinet space. The dishwasher is on the other side and when we moved in the dishwasher that was here was broken -- did not drain water so at this point I am not sure if it was there all along. I was not aware of mold and related problems until this past year. Over $30,000 made me very aware and according to my hubby I am PARANOID. I think I am a little tired of his "it's just" dust, dirt, stain, etc. We had very heavy penecillium and aspergillus mold spores in the dust in the rooms that were remediated so it wasn't "just dust".

Do I throw some bleach in there on the black stained areas and then vacuum and clean the rest of the cabinet out and pray? I could swab the areas but would that stir up spores and my arm would be going through the cobwebs which if it is mold probably have spores on them already and I have high mycotoxin levels in my blood already. We have no money left at all and with all the clean up our credit cards are maxed out also so we can not go in there and tear out the subflooring. Can't afford the remediator either.

Please I hope someone can give me a suggestion. I am imagining that the spores are travelinjg up into the utensil drawers as there is a pretty big space in back of the drawers for anything to go up. They get dust in them too so I do clean them out periodically -- just haven't done under that darn bin - must be at least a year and I just can't remember if those black discolorations were there or not.

Sorry this is so long but I really can't take much more. We were told to keep the humidity down in this house and no dust and I have 3 dehumidifiers going trying to get it under 55%. Also being sick hinders me in the housekeeping department. I am trying my best to keep up with the dusting and vacuuming, etc. but I am exhausted all the time and did not think about the potato bin area until now. I am 69 years old and feel like 79. Hubby has asthma and he works 1 1/2 hours away and is exhausted also so is not much help in the cleaning department so it is all on me. Right now I am trying to battle water in the basement again and have to keep mopping up the areas that do not run into the sump pump pit so as to try to keep the mold away. We have spent a lot of money on trying to get the basement dry also but to no avail. We are on the bottom of a hill and apparently we have a high water table to begin with. I guess you see why I have had it.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give me regarding the particle board subflooring.
Ru6ydragon

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Your Getting Sick Reply with quote

Read all of the stories on here of how sick we got.

Bleach the doggy doo doo, move out and put the house on the market.

Not EVERYONE gets as sick as us. Maybe the people you sell it to won't get terminally ill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: