Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cholestyramine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Cholestyramine Reply with quote

Hi folks: I was wondering how many of you had tried cholestyramine and if you would share your experience with it. I also was wondering if you have to be on it long term? Anyone here tried it with success?? Thanking you in advance for sharing- Dee
suggi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dee

I wanted to try it because o my high mycotoxin levels in my blood BUT I have severe osteoporosis and a side effect is brittle bones. I even called the company that makes it and they said DO NOT TAKE THIS IF YOU HAVE ANY KIND OF BONE LOSS - MILD OR SEVERE. They also said it can actually cause bone loss in people with no bone loss as yet so if you do try it please get a yearly bone density test to see how your bones are doing.

My pharmacist said he had taken it for high cholesterol and he had a lot of stomach problems with it so is now on I forget what. He said it is a nasty mold that can cause a lot of things. As far as being good to remove toxins -- I do believe it would help but there doesn't seem to be enough research out there as to the harm it does in other ways. Look at Fosamax -- the wonder mold for osteoporosis -- it is now found out it is causing a cancer of the jawbone after you take it for a while in a great percentage of people.. The FDA should do more research before approving these mold.

Please let me know if you hear of any other detox mold. Thanks.

P.S. My friend was taking cholestamine for Crohn's disease to stop her up and her bones had been fine -- well, her last bone density test showed a great loss of bone and she is on osteoporosis meds now. I told her about what I found out so she stopped the cholestramine and has an appointment today with her gastro doc as it was helping the crohn's.

Thanks again
suggi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee

Don't know why but the word mold keeps being put in where I typed d r u g. I thought I was crazy when I saw my post. I want to see if typing it this way makes any difference.
aoak55

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on cholestyramine for about a year now. It does cause stomach problems, but I do believe it has helped me. I had mold in my house and moved out for two months. I was taking the CSM (cholestyramine) the whole time and I was feeling much much better. We had our house remediated and I moved back home. I got sick again immediately, so I had to move out again. I have been away from my house for 6 weeks now, and am taking the CSM, I feel about 50% better, and seem to get a little better each week.

I think it would be worth a try for you, but check with your doctor and pharmacist first.

I evidently binds with the toxins in your bowel and excretes them, thus not letting them be absorbed back into your body.
Good luck.
suggi

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoak55

Wish I could take it but my spine is so bad the doc said I could break turning over in bed so I can not chance my bone density going down any further which is a side effect of that mold. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
Toxic

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cholestirymine is banned by Mold Help.
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Dee

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toxic: May I ask why CSM is banned?? I dont want to make another mistake here. Thanks-
suggi

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking at the Evista d r u g sheet because I need dental surgery and knew you had to stop Evista before surgery but didn't remember how long before and noticed it states "DO NOT TAKE CHOLESTRYMINE IF YOU ARE ON EVISTA so anyone out there with osteoporosis on Evsta do not take it. It causes brittle bones anyway so that is why I did not take it. I didn't even know about the warning.
Dee

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me why CSM is banned from here? I need to know if there is a danger in taking this as I was going to try it?? ANYONE??? Thanks- Dee
D&D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: CSM Treatment??? Reply with quote

I sent my doctor a copy of "Mold Warriors" to read and she finally finished it and thinks that it would be a good idea to start us on this medication, as it is Dr. Shoemaker's protocol. Someone please reply to this and Dee's message. I would like to know who else has had success, how long it took, side effects, special notes of interest, etc., and also, more importantly, if there are issues with this med, that would be very helpful to know (other than what Suggi already mentioned).

My doctor has never treated anyone for mold toxins before, so we are her first patients in this capacity. Thanks for any input you can provide.
marcim2002

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my house to toxic mold in Febuary. I finally got a doctor to prescribe the cholestyramine packets to me and they dent taste so great! I only tried it once but I too am worried about the side effects. I read mold warriors and I am so worried about the time coming where my house gets remediated and we have to go back. I conoidally hear stories about how people become sick again even after thir houses have been cleaned and remediated. What medical symtoms do you have and what have you done to help yourself? I take many supplements and I"ve beeen told I have thyroid prolems, adrenal problems and sugar and yeast problems. Same with my daughter who was also in the house with me. Anyone got any answers???Marci
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: