Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mold in Houston, TX?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Mold in Houston, TX? Reply with quote

With all our terrible mold problems that we had here in New England, hubby's company wants volunteers to go to the Houston office -- it seems like a drastic move but his little salary would go further and we could actually maybe afford a little ranch house which I need desperately with my spine being so bad.

My question is how is the mold in Houston? Anyone live there and could tell me? I have high levels of mold mycotoxins in my blood and can't have much exposure. The doc said I am at risk for liver and kidney cancer because I am so toxic with I think ochratoxin from penicillium and aspergillus molds.

Thanks much for any info.
Moldergeist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regret to say that Houston is a humid climate which usually (but not always) means higher than average amounts of water damage in buildings and as such mold. I'm in San Antonio and the humidity has been really bad here for most of the last few years (especially in evenings) at least.

That said I've traveled across US on business trips for the last 6-7 years and have found that it's the place (hotel, apt, home ,etc.) I'm staying that primarily determines how bad the mold exposure symptoms are or are not. If I'm in a really new clean, relatively mold free place (very hard to find) then life is good - if not, symptoms are bad and life is not so good. Note I've found it VERY difficult to keep from cross contaminating healthy places. You really have to plan ahead and hope that somehow you have the wherewithall to stick to the plan when moving in. Note that diet and treatments help some, but if I'm in a sick building they don't help much.

Bottom line: if you find a healthy place to life Houston may be better than drier areas when living in a relatively unhealthy place. If you move to Houston try like heck to find good mold inspector & get places thoroughly checked before you buy or rent. I always ask to spend 30 mins or more in a place before I rent. Lay down on a few new pillows or mat and see what your nose, lungs, body and brain tell you about the place. If you have strong symptoms during day in 15-30 minutes then stay away.
Dee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggi: If you move to Houston there is a Dr. there, Dr. Andrew Campbell that will be able to help you-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: