Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are these test results good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Are these test results good? Reply with quote

Here are the mold test results from air samples (1 indoor, 1 outdoor) for a brand new home that we are in the process of purchasing:

Raw Count:

Other ascopores: 0 indoor/7 outdoor
Cladosporium: 1 indoor/6 outdoor
Other Basidiospores: 4 indoor/11 outdoor
Penicillium/Aspergillus: 3 indoor/7 outdoor
Smuts, myxomycetes: 1 indoor/1 outdoor

Spores/m3:

Other ascopores: 0 indoor/280 outdoor
Cladosporium: 40 indoor/240 outdoor
Other Basidiospores: 160 indoor/440 outdoor
Penicillium/Aspergillus: 120 indoor/280 outdoor
Smuts, myxomycetes: 40 indoor/40 outdoor

Total Results (spores/cubic meter): 360 indoor/1,280 outdoor

What do these results mean? Are these good results?

Also, I noticed that Stachybotrys is not listed. Does this mean that there was no Stachybotrys spores found, or could it mean that they didn't test for Stachybotrys?
Dee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only answer your stachy question, not sure how to interprete your results. Stachy is a wet slimy mold and does not put out spores in the air that show up on an air testbecause of the way the mold is extremely wet and heavy. I do believe you test it by taking a swap sample if you see mold present. Aspergillis and penicillim are the ones to worry about as far as putting out toxins, so I would try to find out about those numbers as they are higher than the others. Call the company that did the test or an indoor air quality expert to tell you what they mean. Penicillium is very bad as that is what made me so ill and puts out different mycotoxins. Good luck-
Moldpro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those numbers are completely fine.

Stachy is not shown because they found none in the sample.

While stachy is a wet type of mold, ie it needs a very high surface water content on its growing surface, it does become airborne. Less than other types, but it shows up on tests.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy

There is allot of mold in the outside environment. I would suggest moving to a different city. The Government does not want to set a mold standard and moldy houses are contaminating the environment, because the City is knocking down moldy houses and contaminating the city. In Florida they are building houses on swamp land and even the new houses are toxic. You do not want to live in a house that has more mold then the outside, but why live in a city that has ten times more mold, then another city?

There is a big Exodus out of the city of Warren Michigan and as I educate people living here I expect 90% to Exodus to other cities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: