Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enterobacter amnignus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Enterobacter amnignus Reply with quote

Toxic, I know this is not a mold, it is a gram negative bacteria that has taken over my house now that the mold is gone and I need guidance and can not seem to find it anywhere so I am turning to this board in desperation.

I have to keep 3 dehumidifiers going to keep the humidity down in the house so mold does not grow and the one dehumidifier on the floor between the basement and kitchen (multilevel house) bucket kept getting black in it just where the water runs down every day even though I kept washing it out every day. I thoroughly wash all of them every week (and the "filter" that only filters out large particles of dust). I finally swabbed the intake grill for mold and bacteria and got some molds that had very low numbers but the bacteria came back with 24,714 CFU/sq. in of enterobacter amnignus and 8,900 CFU/sq. in of staph. Staph is everywhere but this gram negative bacteria from what I have looked up is bad and as it is pulled in the dehumidifier it is also being blown out and all over -- like up a few steps into the kitchen. I guess it can kill you if you get it in your blood from a cut, etc.

I think because of the very wet summer and the fact the 4 ft x 4 ft sump pump/sewer pip pit never had a chance to dry out that may be the source. Hubby sprayed bleach in there - I know it is not to be used on mold but I think it may help in the case of bacteria. However, I am hoping it is not too late and all over the house with all the "wind" from the air purifiers and dehumidifiers and a/c blowing it everywhere. We took the dehumidifier apart and disenfected everything inside that we could but it must still be pulling it in -- and blowing it out. We do need it as you should see the amount of water I constantly empty.

Any advice you can offer, please. Thank you.
Toxic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you have the mold tested. Inexpensive test kits that are Mold Help Approved are listed under mold testing are listed on the front page.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: