Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

High indoor humidity and MOLD

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
suggi



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 190

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: High indoor humidity and MOLD Reply with quote

The weather in Massachusetts has been horrible - rain, rain, rain and more to come -- there is no end in sight and I am having a hard time trying to keep the humidity down in the house. The rooms over the garage are now up to 70% humidity and it seems the kitchen is about 67%. The only places it is 55% is the basement and 1st level as I have dehumidifiers on both of those levels.

I have the central a/c cranked up and it is not doing anything. I just can't emply and clean another dehumidifier -- I am sick and having trouble bending and taking care of the other 2 is a horrible chore with the pain. How can I add another one to that.

Had the bedroom window taken out and cavity cleaned last fall and then as soon as spring came back came the awful moldy smell again and can't figure out where it is coming from. The inspector came on a cool day and the smell only comes out in the humidity and heat and sun. He only had his moisture meter but did not bring his infrred thing that shows up mosture. He did not get any moisture readings around that window but it has to be in that wall somewhere - thinking of getting a mold dog but really do not have any money left.....in fact the inspector did not charge me for the visit as he has been here so many times. Mold remediation has taken all of our money - over $40,000. I cashed in my IRA and our CD's (ahead of time so we had to pay a penalty). There is nothing left for us but this horrible smell and it is affecting our health. Can't sell the house - can't move - no money. What do we do.

Someone please help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toxic



Joined: 31 Jul 2001
Posts: 1011
Location: United States

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears you are suffering from an all too common problem. Have you tried a UV light air purifier? It will assist in the ambient mold problem.

Cheers,
Susan
_________________
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB 2001 phpBB Group

TOXIC MOLD

http://www.mold-help.org

The most comprehensive mold website with complete information on toxic mold (stachybotrys, penicillium, aspergillus, fusarium, chaetomium, and cladosporium) . Images, physicians list, symptoms, medical updates, descriptions, discussion board, and several other topics.