Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Safe Mold Levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Safe Mold Levels Reply with quote

You do not need to test outside mold levels, unless your living outside.

Your house is not safe unless the spore count is well under 1,252 spores per cubic meter. And none should be airborne Stachybotrys. If the lab is not qualified, they might not even know how to identify Stachybotrys.

If you are mold sensitive or have allergies, the Allergist says that Mold count should not be over 1,000 spores per cubic meter.

Many experts, who are also slumlords renting out moldy properties, will say mold is safe up to 10,000 spores per cubic meter. I say tell them to find a house with that many spores and go live in it. Don't tell me whats normal, I have the facts.

There is no Mold standard. Any fool can claim to be an expert. Labs run by the state, insurance company, realestate companies or construction company, might fudge the results and label Stachybotrys as "Other or Unidentified spores" Their fine print disclaimer, says they don't have to be right and you can't sue them, if they are wrong. If you have those on you results, do not live there. If they don't know what's in your house, why would you want to live there?

You can send the same slides to several different labs and get different results, depending on who is doing the counting and identifying.

The Adult inhales about 12 cubic meters a day of air. Even at 1,252, that is 15,000 spores a day.

After you find a house or apartment with less then 1,252 spores/M3, anything you can do to get the spore count down will help you. Use a hepa filter on your furnace and air conditioner. leave air conditioning at 68 degrees. Use a hepa vacuum cleaner, so you don't vacuum spores out of the carpet and throw them in the air. Use hepa air cleaners. Have a UV light installed in your furnace. Do not dust with a feather duster it will put mold in the air. Vacuum up dust.

Don't go to a doctor they will kill you, with their ignorance. My doctor made me breathe into a lung machine that other with serious disease already breathed into and they did not even clean the breathing tubes, after I breathed into it. They only changed the mouth piece. They put me into a MRI machine for two hours that was infested with visible MOLD. The technician says the machine has not been cleaned in two years and has 30 very sick patients a day going into it sneezing and coughing. There is no Law that SAYS THEY HAVE TO CLEAN IT, and why should they spend
50 cents on bleach for cleaning, cut into the $4,000 they are charging you for the MRI? They don't care if you die, they think they are controlling population growth. The MRI machine is like Hitlers gas chambers. It was nasty in there, with no air circulation, as air circulation would disturb the Image.

The only cure for mold exposure is to stay away from the Mold. You don't stay in the toxic house and hope the Doctor can fix you with a pill.

Be careful, because of Doctors and lawmakers ignorance. There is problems finding a place with little mold. Especially if your on a budget.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE NEVER GET BETTER WHEN MOVING OUT, they go from the frying pan into the fire. They discover their $700 a month house or apartment has mold in it and they move into a $500 a month apartment or sleazy weekly rate hotel, that has ten time more mold they place they were living and they wonder why they are not getting better. When moving to another place, you have to find one with less mold, a newer building which means more money. A $900 to $1,200 a month place. Test the place for Mold levels and don't listen to the experts licenced by the State to say they are safe.

Don't let anyone fool you.

A study was done on 820 houses across the nation. The average mold level was 1,252 spores/M3. The highest place tested was 13,000 spores/M3. My house tested 17,333 spores/M3. If the average house is 1,252 I would have to be totally insane to stay in a house with more, especially after I am sensitized and labeled Allergic to mold.

I am not allergic to mold there is no such thing. I have been exposed to so much mold, my body can not handle any more. They are trying to make it look like a disease to keep from being sued. They tried that with my job injury. They said I had tennis shoulder when I don't even play tennis. I have work injury shoulder and I am suing the assholes for $450 billion.

My Mold expert told me I had very little Stachybotrys in my house not enough to worry about. In a nationwide study they tested 1,717 buildings
for mold in over 9,000 samples. Less then 6% had stachybotrys. Of those the median was 12 spores/M3. My house showed 52 spores/M3. And this guy says it was low? I would be better off staying in any of the 1,717 buildings.

Outside air test are not necessary. You want to see what your indoor samples are compared to the average house, 1,252 spores per cubic meter.

Has anyone tested the air and what are the counts?

Air must be retested yearly, if you have allergies or are mold sensitive.

A new house will have 5 times less mold, then outside, before installing hepa filters.

Jeremy Had posted his results on this board of a new house he was looking to purchase. Although the results inside, 360 spores per cubic meter were very low, the outside has more then recommended by Allergist, for those who have mold Allergies.

What City has under 1,000 spores per cubic meter, I don't know, but I suspect none, we might have to move to the country.

Jeremy results
Total Results (spores/cubic meter): 360 indoor/1,280 outdoor

M3 = cubic meter
suggi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy

I think you have become the mold expert of the century. You know more about mold than the so called experts.

However, regarding new homes having less mold spores that doesn't always happen. I know someone who had a house built (in the suburbs) -- cost a lot of money as they wanted a safe house...........they have had 2 roof leaks that led to mold, they have mold in the bedroom closet in the wall because of a shower leak that extended to the floor and the builder only gave them a 1 year warranty which I believe is standard here. They are afraid to go to the insurance company as they are dropping people like flies if you file a claim. It is so hard, my friend went over there every day to kind of let the workers know someone was concerned about what they were doing but really what did she know. She just figured if she showed up at different times each day they would be on their toes and do a good job. Apparently that did not work. Contractors leave the house unprotected also when it rains lots of times where things should be covered with a tarp or something. So, that is my story -- nothing is safe -- not even new as you don't know how good the contractor was that built the apartment building or house.

They are still living there and trying to fix the problem themselves as they spent everything on the house and can't afford a professional remediator. plus times are really bad right now with money anyway.

Me, I just keep plugging away here with the house falling apart around me - now I have a sewer pipe that is starting to leak which is probably just as bad as the mold but have to wait to get the plumber. Hope to be able to scrape enough together before it gets worse. Every day there is a new house problem. I now have no visable mold but am afraid there is mold behind the tile in the bathroom. Some day I will get out of here -- I just hope it is not in a box.

You are right -- you just go from one mold problem to another by moving. You don't know what is being covered up when you go somewhere else and the testing is expensive too. Everything may look nice and clean but very rarely it is what it seems. That's the nature of the game -- make it look wonderful and cover everything up that is wrong and let the next person deal with it. Thnt also is one reason I am still here -- looked around and actually could smell musty smell -- got out of there quickly.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggi,

Building your own house is not a good idea. Much cheaper to test the ones already built. I swear that the construction companies and in cahoots with the doctors and lawyers and you are blacklisted when you file a lawsuit, no one likes you. They might purposely make your roof leek.

I am done spending money on expensive mold experts and I purchased my own mold testing pump. I still have to pay $25 for Lab fees, but am also thinking of buying my own microscope, as you can't trust the Labs either.

If you don't move, anything you can do to keep mold levels low will help. The cheapest would be the hepa filter on your furnace and air conditioner. You can also buy a cheep portable hepa air purifier to sit in front of and keep by your bed at night. I payed $49 for mine.
suggi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey GoTimothy2

Where did you get the pump? I've been looking for one of those. I have done so much swab testing for mold -- it broke the bank but I found a lot the inspector didn't. However, I really could use a pump for air testing. I still have a terrible time with the humidity in my house and have 3 dehumidifiers going in the late spring and summer. You should see the electric bill.

I do have a couple of air purifiers - can't keep the bedroom ones on at night but they are on during the day. The downstairs one is usually on 24/7 but because of mice nests in the basement rafters that has to be cleaned up and a leaking sewer pipe that has to be fixed I have not had it on for fear of spreading stuff all around. I also have a few AirFrees that incinerate the mold spores and bacteria and viruses.

Thanks for all the tips. I am glad you are doing better. I think of you often. They really put you through a lot and you don't deserve that.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggi,

You must still have water comming in. Do you have a basment and is it water profed? I bought the zefon kit for $319 but could have goten away with getting just the $149 pump.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fix the leaky sewer pip, that will bring in mold.
GoTimothy2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: I am doing my own testing Reply with quote

I am doing my own testing. I tested three trailers in my trailer park. I was amazed at how low the mold levels were. Mabe it's just the time of year but mold is supposed to high in early spring.

My trailer's totals were 479 spores/m3. A trailer behind mine was 425 spores/m3. A trailer on the other side of the park, that has few trees, was 266 spores/m3. That is cleaner then Jer's new house.

Mine has 213 spores/m3 pen/asp and the other only has 53 spores/m3 pen/asp, so I am moving into that one. These test were without hepa filters or dehumidifiers.

You can't have "0 mold" but the levels can be really low.
Toxic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing you are failing to regard is that the only testing that is worth it is viable testing, which you are not doing. Mold Help Approved testing is on our main Mold Help at www.mold-help.org on the left hand side. It is inexpensive and viable. Viable testing is the only testing that can determine health effects, which is what most people are concerned about, anyways.

Please do your homework before you attempt to dispense advice.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: