Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moldleft after remediation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suggi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Moldleft after remediation? Reply with quote

I had this terrible smell coming from the bedroom window for 2 years -- it was there in the spring, summer and fall and gone in the winter. Found out there was a rotten moldy garage window under the bedroom window and assumed the smell was coming from there. Had mold remediation done and the supervisor said it was really bad. Before this had the molding around the inside of the bedroom window taken off with no mold found.

Was looking forward to an odor free spring the next year.......not so -- so had the bedroom window taken out and the cavity cleaned out from the outside again by the professional mold remediators last fall and was again looking forward to an odor free spring.........no so. The odor is not as strong as it was but is definitely there at the window. I know the window was cleaned with their chemical before being put back in and I assumed they did a thorough job of getting all the mold and rot out before rebuilding and that they caulked everything up well same as with the garage window so I can not imagine anything being in there. Could it be that they did not go far enough in the cavity to get everything out but if it smelled so bad they would have had to known there was still some lurking in there, right??????????????????

As I am tapped out of all money now I don't know what to do.

PLEASE SOMEONE HAVE A SUGGESTION. I called the company but they haven't returned my call as yet and it does state in the proposal they are not responsible for mold coming back. However, I think some was missed in the first place or it would not be smelling now.

Thank you.
Toxic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Suggi,

Many times inept people conduct their work in an ineffectual manner. If I were you I would be persistant in contacting the company and having them reevaluate their work.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
duraclean_austin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new window may also be leaking...

Austin Mold

Carpet Cleaning Austin

Air Duct Cleaning Austin

Water Damage Austin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: