Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

exposure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rangebob8311

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: exposure Reply with quote

About a year and a half ago I was renting a house. I was there for almost a year not knowing that there was hidden mold. As we were there me and my oldest son started to show some strange symptoms and started to see many different dr's trying to figure out what was going on. I had liver tests, GI scope, kidney tests, and seen a cardiologist. Everybody kept saying that everything was OK and nothing was wrong. I finally found the website and did some research and found out that I had a lot of the symptoms for Mycotoxicosis I think I had 21 different symptoms. I found the list of Dr's and started to see one of them that is in the area, when I first saw him he didn't think I was correct until I pulled out my paperwork and he looked it over and said that it is possible but real strange with all of the different symptoms. He did order a couple of different blood works and one of them was highly elevated and he put me on a med but it didn't do anything for me. I was on it for almost a month and half with no luck. He was actually amazed that the insurance co covered it as long as they did.

I moved out of the house and placed all of my stuff in storage minus the clothes and according to many sites I followed their directions and washed everything with cold water and bleach when possible. From the sites they said that it would take care of any spores that was on the clothes. They did say that I shouldn't take anything with me that wasn't a hard surface and wasn't easily cleaned minus clothing. I did toss almost everything that we owned except for the clothing, wood based furniture and the toys. From everything that was on these websites (primarily from CDC based sites from many different states) this would be OK so I followed their directions with included soaking the item down with bleach water and letting it soak for about 5 minutes and then rinse them off. I took it a step further and did it a second time and then rinsed it again before it came into the new house. I have been in this house for a little over a year and we are still having symptoms.

I'm still having palpitations, higher BP, muscle pain, chest pain occasionally, shortness of breath and have this smell that is hard to explain especially when I'm in the house. My oldest son's symptoms have decreased also but he is still having muscle pains and occasional chest pains and shortness of breath. We have both seen cardiologists and have ruled out any heart problems. I know that when I'm out and about I fell better. I do try to be out as much as possible but that isn't always possible.

I had such severe chest pains about 1.5 years ago I went to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. They had me in the ER in about 2 minutes after I arrived and had me hooked up to the EKG and monitoring me. The ER Dr checked me out and said that he didn't see anything wrong with the heart and he assumed that it was GERD but was going to admit me for further testing. They did a full heart workup and everything came back good.

What else can I do to get over this? We now have a full house of new furniture and I don't know what to do. I've had the air ducts cleaned twice and the second time they used the chemicals that is supposed to kill any mold in the ducts and prevent them from re-appearing. After the treatment we did feel better but that changed after a while.

Thank you for any insight or help.
Bob
Toxic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless you, Bob. . .

First, I want to tell you that I feel deeply sorry for your illness, pain, and contamination problems. It sounds as though you might benefit from a private phone consult. Please send me a private message with your phone number or I could send you mine so we can further explore your options.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
tug_slug

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Im sure you've talked to Susan by now and unfortunately you received allot of bad information.

Im sure Susan will point you going in the right direction
Toxic

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. We are always available to help.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: