Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Severe dry skin and swollen face from mold

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Caramellane



Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Severe dry skin and swollen face from mold Reply with quote

I really hope that someone here can help provide advice for me. About 9 months ago, my house had horrible leaky roof problems. This resulted in black mold covering our attic. The water damage was seen on our ceilings and eventually mold was although the house. We had mold growing on shoes, clothes, furniture, and everything we owned smelled horrible.

I experienced severe headaches, ear pressure, nasal swelling and pressure, stomach pains, and I always felt tired. My face also became swollen and became red, flushed and I felt itchy burning sensations.

We moved out of that house 4 months ago, but I'm still getting headaches, and occasional sinus pressure. But, my face hasn't healed at all. It is really bad, so swollen,dry, red, itchy and very rough like sandpaper.
We moved about 50% of what we owned with us, furniture was vacuumed, and other items were wiped down with either bleach or ammonia. We never had anything professionally cleaned. Could our stuff be still making us sick since it wasn't dealt with by mold experts?

I've been to 5 different dermatologists and so far medications for rosacea help slightly. But, the dermatologists seem to be confused about how to treat me. Every moisturizer that I try burns my skin and I've had bad reactions to steroid creams and other medications that they've had me try.

What do I do next? what type of doctor will help me? I was a bit overwhelmed by the list of doctors here on Mold Help.Thanks


Last edited by Caramellane on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caramellane



Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nm

Last edited by Caramellane on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toxic



Joined: 31 Jul 2001
Posts: 1011
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aspergillus exposure can often cause these symptoms, especially if you have brittle nails, too. The only way you will ever recover is to be out of the sick building. Furthermore, we suggest you follow the diet on our website under the treatments tab. You might also want to take some nutriceuticals such as 5,000 mcgs. of biotin per day followed by two charcoal caps and two oregano oil caps twice a day.

If this continues, please contact us directly. You should fins a good naturapath in your area as they are well trained in treating systemic fungal disease. But the diet is essential for healing. You should follow it at least 3 months and you should notice a marked improvement.

Best of luck and better health.

Cheers,
Susan
_________________
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hensleyac



Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The health concerns are real and as Susan mentioned you should begin addressing them.

On a separate note, I'd like to address the personal belongings that you brought with you from the mold infested home. You may consider locating a local mold inspector to look at your new location. It is very possible even though you think you may have cleaned the items well, that you brought mold with you.

If your new location is dry and not overly humid, the mold may not continue to grow, but you may still have dormant mold spores that can be an irritant to your health. A good local professional can help you determine if this is an issue or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Caramellane



Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your responses. I will be leaving this house and staying with family for a little while, I'll also only bring a few clothing items with me and leave the rest of my items behind in storage. At this point, I can't afford to test any of my belongings for mold spores/particles, so I'm ditching them and putting them in storage until I have the money to properly clean everything by a professional.

I'll be washing my clothes in borax, once I'm at my family's house, unless someone else has a better idea of how to clean clothing.

I plan on starting a program of detoxifying and using natural anti fungals while one the mold free diet

Thanks again!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D&D



Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: how to clean clothing Reply with quote

Dr. Croft tells everyone to add 2 cups of ammonia (in addition to your regular soap) when you wash your clothes. He says that ammonia neutralizes the mycotoxins. He also said that you have to keep washing your clothes with it because you sweat out those toxins and they get into your clothes over and over. If your prior items still contain mold spores you risk cross-contamination of bringing that with you and infecting any new environment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toxic



Joined: 31 Jul 2001
Posts: 1011
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Gray suggests washing your clothing in a solution of 2 tblsps of Nizoral shampoo, 1 cup borax, and regular laundry detergent. This solution seems to work best. Good luck.

Cheers,
Susan
_________________
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB 2001 phpBB Group

TOXIC MOLD

http://www.mold-help.org

The most comprehensive mold website with complete information on toxic mold (stachybotrys, penicillium, aspergillus, fusarium, chaetomium, and cladosporium) . Images, physicians list, symptoms, medical updates, descriptions, discussion board, and several other topics.