Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leaky gut and mold exposure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caramellane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Leaky gut and mold exposure Reply with quote

I'm wondering if I could have leaky gut syndrome, because I've tried natural anti-fungals (oregano oil, grapefruit seed extract) and charcoal for 6 months. This provided a very small amount of relief, about 10% improvement. Then I tried Cholestyramine for 2 weeks with no results. Currently, I've been taking Lamisil for the last 5 weeks and it made me sick at first (thought it was a die off reaction) but now at 5 weeks I still don't see much if any improvement.

So now, I'm wondering if my problem is more complex than I thought, since diet, anti fungals and toxin binders haven't been that effective for 7 months. Could this be leaky gut or another complication from mold exposure?

My main symptoms are swollen face, stinging, prickly, burning pain in face, severe dry skin, occational headaches, ear pressure. Last dr visit also showed that my thyroid levels are a little high (Was normal before mold exposure)
Toxic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaky gut occurs in about 25% of all mold patients. You can easily be tested for it by having an allergy test. If you are allergic to dairy (except for clarified butter, some nuts, soy, wheat (gluten), corn, and chocolate. All of these items could be very high in mold such as fusarium, aflatoxin, ergot, tricothenes, and ochratoxin.

If you have these types of allergies you most likely have it. In that case you should do the elimination diet. You can find the book on Amazon.com.

Best of luck with your full recovery.
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.

Last edited by Toxic on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
recessdawn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had IBS before my mold exposure. Digestive enzymes helped my leaky gut though.
Toxic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prescription digestive enzymes are good such as Lipram (Pancrelipase) but natural digestive enzymes contain traces of mold. Therefore, you should discuss this with your doctor.

Good luck with your recovery.

Cheers,
Susan
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: