Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worried - ate and sniffed banana - did not see mold on stem

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
suggi



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 190

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Worried - ate and sniffed banana - did not see mold on stem Reply with quote

My eyes are bad and hubby had bought bananas. I had them a couple of days to ripen and took one off to eat. My sinuses are not great either and I thought I smelled a moldy smell but wasn't sure. Bananas looked OK. I ate one and went back and looked and sniffed again - all over the bananas. Afraid to tell hubby or throw them out (very limited budget)because he always thinks I am crazy re: mold. Finally I asked him to smell them and he actually said he saw black fuzzy on the bananas stem and allowed me to throw them out.

Am I in trouble as I did quite a bit of snioffing and ate the darn banana -- with my sinuses bad not even sure if it tasted OK. Wanted to be sure before I told him about it because of the way he normally reacts.

Also, pullling it off the moldy stem - did the spores get all over the kitchen? I have a large wound on the back of my wrist and haven't been able to clean the right way for about a month. I am 72 and have been seeing the doc for my wound and she said it is just going to take time -- a bad scrape with a flap torn aand makes doing chores very hard.

Please advise Toxic. M y sinuses seem worse but that may not be related.

Thank you for any help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toxic



Joined: 31 Jul 2001
Posts: 1011
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry that you sniffed the mold. Botrytis is generally a fruit mold and is very common on ripe/over-ripe fruit.

Have you thought of flushing your sinuses with ascorbic acid? It would probably be a good idea. Its the same substance that home canners use.

Best of luck with you and your health.

Cheers,
Susan
_________________
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
suggi



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 190

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Susan,

Could you possibly inform me if I find the ascorbic acid do I use it full strength or dilute it and would you use like a netti pot to do it?

Also, the funny thing is these bananas were still green when hubby bought them 2 days prior and still slightly green on the tops of them so I have no idea why they would be moldy. I guess that is another reason I thought I my "smeller" was off and it was my imagination.

Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toxic



Joined: 31 Jul 2001
Posts: 1011
Location: United States

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Marinkovich used to have people use full strength in the sinus cavity using a Water Pick. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Susan
_________________
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at www.mold-help.org, www.mold-help.com, and www.mold-survivor.com before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of www.mold-help.org for more information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB 2001 phpBB Group

TOXIC MOLD

http://www.mold-help.org

The most comprehensive mold website with complete information on toxic mold (stachybotrys, penicillium, aspergillus, fusarium, chaetomium, and cladosporium) . Images, physicians list, symptoms, medical updates, descriptions, discussion board, and several other topics.