Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index Mold Help Discussion Board
Information, answers, solutions. . .
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I think I found mold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 07 Dec 2009
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: I think I found mold Reply with quote

I was exposed to toxic mold October 2009 and have been running from it ever since. In the past 2 years I have lost everything I own, have moved over a dozen times discarding everything I own each time I have moved. The house I'm living in had mold in the a/c coils but the coils were replaced over a year ago. The other day I was caulking around the master bedroom window when I was removing the caulk from the top part of the window I noticed that part of it was brown and I started to experience some brain fog and dizziness. I immediately removed the last 6" of caulk and put the new caulk in but by this time I was already pretty dizzy and was worried that I cross contaminated the upper level of the house. I took the screen off the window and noticed there was a 1" gap between the top of the window frame and the bottom of the siding but you could see a lip from the window frame that slid under the siding so I went ahead and filled the gap with caulk. I immediately starting wiping everything down in the bedroom with ammonia and sprayed the bed and carpet with ammonia and used the hepa vacuum to make sure the area was clean. It's been 2 days since I caulked the window and am still symptomatic. My question is, is it possible to completely contaminate the entire master bedroom from a gap thats no more than 1/8" thick or could I be reacting to the VOC's from the caulk and the ammonia? The window in question faces the west and this past summer the surface could easily reach over 100 degrees. If I have cross contaminated the bedroom is there anything I can do to minimize the damage that was caused by a short term exposure. The wall where the suspected mold shows no signs of water damage so I have no idea whats behind it I do know that the window is completely sealed is water proof. [/u]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 31 Jul 2001
Posts: 1011
Location: United States

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to me that it is most likely the VOC's which are causing your condition. Have you tried UVB therapy?
The information on this website is strictly layman's advice and should not be construed as professional information. For more information, please view our online resources at,, and before posting your question. Additionally, for a small donation we can call you for assistance. See front page of for more information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mold Help Discussion Board Forum Index -> Mold Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB 2001 phpBB Group


The most comprehensive mold website with complete information on toxic mold (stachybotrys, penicillium, aspergillus, fusarium, chaetomium, and cladosporium) . Images, physicians list, symptoms, medical updates, descriptions, discussion board, and several other topics.